chapter 21- confusing

JUNIPER

the moment she opened her eyes, her exhaustion and laziness that got to her the night before turned out to be her downfall. she failed to shut the blinds, now the sun shines brightly through the cracks, making itself well known.

"yes. i see you, big ball of annoying fire. you can turn off now.", she groaned as she pulled the blanket over her head. she turned over and grabbed onto her phone, ripping the charger off.

6:58 am

she had to get up soon to get ready, no doubt alejandro would burst through her door letting it be known something called school existed.

swinging her legs over the side of her bed she wiggled her toes, seeing as though she needed to get a pedicure. she walked over to her closet, tiredly looking through her clothes. everything looked..bland at the moment. choosing to drop it she moved on to her bathroom, picking up her toothpaste and toothbrush.

she smiled at herself, deciding she would make that day a good one. she wasn't going to let something that happened over night affect how she felt the next day. she would just deal with it at night and cry then.

devyn still hasn't messaged her or reached out in any way, it irked her more then it should considering she never thought she would just leave in an instant.

the foam from her toothpaste dripped down her chin and onto her pajamas, making her hurriedly spit the substance out. she lamely wiped away the remains and washed her hands. her face felt oddly oily and like her skin was cracking, maybe that was from the tears.

she deeply inhaled when she pulled the white face rag from drying her face. knocking on her bedroom door made her turn around, forgetting she lived with her brother.

"wakey wakey! it's time for school, loser. hurry i've got somewhere to be.", she opened her door, glaring at him as he held a mug of coffee in his hands.

"i know you did not just tell me to hurry.", she snapped, she was most definitely not a morning person.

"take as long as you need, i'll just run the car battery for the next 2 hours waiting for you to shove a beauty blender up your ass.", she made a jerking motion with the cup of scalding coffee, motioning like she'd dump it in him.

"i won't hesitate to give you 3rd degree burns the next time you say i'm like dilara.", dilara was a girl who dolled herself up for the disgusting straight boys, caking her face like it was a bakery. none of the cake was in his hips, all on her facial features.

"she tries her best, junie. she doesn't have elite genes like we do.", his voice was cut off when she slammed the door on his face. she sipped her coffee as she chose an outfit. it was a solid 65 degrees outside, to her that wasn't appropriate for anything but snow gear.

she was joking, obviously.

she laid out the choice of clothing onto her bed sheets, setting down her mug and going to the kitchen. it was a little pointless she brushed her teeth and all, but she couldn't stand morning breath.

___

"text me if you need anything, junes!", she smiled and nodded at her brother. another day that would drag on into oblivion. devyn was her only friend, the only person who she would actually talk to.

"what's up, fucking nerd. your little girlfriend looks like she's lost, sad doggy.", houston, george's fried, bumped into her, causing her backpack to slide off of one shoulder.

"fuck off, texas.", she picked up her books that fell through the open zipper. devyn rushed over, holding onto her shoulder with a concerned face.

"you good? i'm sorry about him, he's not like that all the time.", juniper scowled at her, pausing before shrugging devyn's hands off roughly.