chapter 14- dazed

BILLIE

billie muttered a curse when she heard the harsh patter of the rain against dirt.

as she exited the restroom she fished out her phone, checking the time briefly. when the screen illuminated a water droplet fell onto her phone, followed by a series of larger ones the further she walked.

she looked up and saw that the downpour was heavier than she thought, moving back into shade she properly looked at the numbers.

1:32 pm

fuck i was in there that long? oh god, juniper. it never rains this fucking hard.

she stuffed her phone back into her shorts and pulled up her hood, putting her shades back onto her face. she jogged into the heavy rain and searched around, looking at the dining area first.

billie ran up to a soaked figure who had their back hunched. they were idly playing with the straw from their drink.

"juniper?", sad, gloomy eyes looked up at her, the hair stuck to her face like glue. there was a puddle forming beneath where she sat on the bench. her nose was bright red but billie just assumed it was from the cold.

she hurriedly shook her jacket off and handed it over, standing over juniper's shivering body protectively, her lips a pale blue.

instead of taking to offer, the shorter girl stood up glumly and wrapped her arms around herself after pushing away her jacket.

she shook her head at billie, looking absolutely exhausted. silently, she walked towards the parking lot, her shoulders shaking. billie stood there, shell shocked, she never expected juniper to act so cold towards her.

no pun intended.

she shrugged on her sleeves and covered her head, putting the glasses back on. she shook her hair to get rid of the small amount of rain that doused it. she took the trash that was on the table and threw it into the bin, briskly trailing after juniper.

when her car came into view, so did a trembling figure, fidgeting with her fingers. she was drenched to the point where the puddle grew beneath her feet.

"..june i'm so sorry—", juniper raised her hand for silence and shook her head that was hanging low.

"save it, billie. just take me home. i'm cold and i know i'm going to get sick..", she sighed and leaned her hip against the dodge, unable to support her weight anymore.

"right, sorry again. let me just put down a towel—", she was stopped from moving anywhere when juniper shouted.

"really?! i'm standing here freezing my ass off for you to go fuck a girl in the bathroom stalls in a dirty ass carnival and you're worried about your leather seats? fucking pathetic.", juniper scoffed and walked away, heading towards the side of the street. she pulled out her phone and started typing rapidly.

billie gaped at her, frozen since she's only ever seen juniper smiling. she was an all around happy girl and billie didn't know what triggered her to snap.

walking over cautiously, but quickly, she came up behind the girl who was sniffling and had tears down her face.

"juniper, i'm sorry. i'll take you home. i don't want you out here any longer, you can just sit down i don't care about my seats. just please come inside, you'll get pneumonia or something.", billie pleaded and stepped in front of her, placing her hands on her small hips.