chapter 23- tragedy

BILLIE

her door bashing down is what brought her to semi-consciousness, booming voices as the crackling of her wooden door registered to her.

"don't...don't break my f-fucking door..", her words trailed off as her eyes rolled to the back of her head, bouncing back around like a rolling ball. everything was on fire, especially her lower abdomen, the feeling of bullet wounds were lodged deep inside of her intestines.

"are you okay?! answer me, billie!", the door crumbled off of its hinges when stokeley and jahseh came barreling through, hands out for stabilization as the door gave way.

loud footsteps rushed over to her, stopping near her body. she saw a dark form hovering over her prone body, her eyes were blurry and couldn't see anything past the harsh light shining through the window.

the body above her put a hand underneath her head, propping it up. he took away his hand and examined the red staining his skin, looking down at the slowly pooling blood underneath.

"fuck. fuck. fuck, jah! don't fucking stand there! call 911, dumbass!", stokeley, who she figured out was the one sitting over her, yelled and waved his hands towards jah who stood frozen. he didn't do very well with the sight of blood, nearly fainting the one time he played mortal kombat

billie laughed, remembering when her friend dropped to the floor abruptly.

"what are you laughing at?! you're fucking dying on the floor! what the number to 91 fucking 1!", jah screamed as he punched in random key notes into his phone, suddenly losing all feeling in his fingers and his basic knowledge of numbers.

"give me the damn thing.", stokeley held his hand out, the black device flying into his open palm. he fumbled with it before dialing the number.

"i'm sorry! i'm panicking so fucking hard right now.", he pulled at his dreads helplessly, it was hard for him to see his friend bleeding out from her head on the floor.

billie stared straight at stokeley, not able to move her eyes away, afraid he would go away and leave her all alone. she mumbled words incoherently, watching as he spoke to the 911 operator while keeping her awake. she so badly wanted to shut her eyes and rest her pounding head but her friend wouldn't allow it.

her muttering turned to mashed words, she didn't even know what she was saying herself. she just needed to stay away, her head hurt like a bitch. she could feel her life slipping away, she must've hit her head pretty hard to knock her soul out of her body.

darkness crept into the corner of her eyes, making her squint in attempt to get rid of it. she could feel her thoughts slowing down. everything around her turned to background noise as her heartbeat took over. the world spun in circles, it was like she was watching a movie and saw everything falling apart.

the open windows in the black that covered vision showed stokeley's lips moving frantically as she told her to keep her eyes open. she didn't even know she had them closed in the first place.

"stay away for me. please, you gotta stay alive, bil. you can't leave.", wetness dripped onto her face, either she had a leak in her roof or her friend was crying.

"don't cry..", he sniffled as he rocked her body, arms limply dragging on the ground. jah was whimpering and holding his knees to himself next to his two friends. he was going insane inside of his own body.