chapter 11- break

JUNIPER

2:32 am.

the illumination of the numbers had her eyes crossing, it was pitch black in her room. the darkness shrouding her like a blanket, a cold empty cover. she watched as the numbers ticked by, the digital screen changing numbers every 60 seconds, she had counted each one of those ticks of time.

her throat was sore from holding in her cries, her face felt like it was stretching with every movement she made, the tears on her face were just dry streaks at this point. eyes red from the irritation of excessive rubbing.

she knew she should probably go out and eat something, she just had to muster up enough strength to do so.

"come on, junie.", she whispered to herself as she got up, the blankets fall from her shoulders.

her knees cracked when she stood up, making her glance down and wiggle her toes. she peeked outside, holding her arms close to her stomach in a protective manner.

big doe eyes scoped out the bowl and cup, along with utensils waiting for her patiently on the table.

juniper peeked inside and did a happy dance on the inside, she heard her brother talking to her hours before but failed to retain any of it in her brain.

she tiptoed over to the fridge and opened it, looking for her jug of apple juice.

after pouring herself a hefty amount she sat down in the dining chair. she cringed when it screeched against the hardwood floor.

"fudge..", she clenched her fist and shut her eyes as she pushed the chair back further so she could slide in.

she frowned when her phone buzzed against the table, vibrating her bowl. she rarely ever got any texts from anybody.

billieeilish wants to send you a message.

she what?

juniper nearly spit all her food out onto the table, shock taking over her body.

why would somebody like billie want to talk to somebody like juniper? how did she even get her instagram? why was she even awake?

that's stupid, you know why, you watch her interviews.

questions plagued her mind as she overthought there reason why the famous singer was messaging her so late at night.

billieeilish

what's up ma.
fire fucking posts u got there beautiful
god i sound like a creepy old indian man stalking u
it's billie btw.
yk cus the username..

juniper giggled and rolled her eyes.

what a goof.

billieeilish

hi billie.
how'd you get my instagram first of all.
2 stop stalking my page, that is very creepy
mind you i am 16

the goddess has spoken to me
nah but i got it from jah...
who got it from ur brothers following...
i wasn't doing anything illegal tho mama
i have come to the conclusion i in fact am a middle aged man

if you were i probably would say we should end the conversation here..
a lil sus
a lil illegal too...👀

don't end the conversation :(
i wanted to see if i could be in ur lovely presence again
maybe...
next weekend?