chapter 9- exhausted

JUNIPER

she was humming bitches broken hearts to herself as she slapped hangers around, looking for an outfit to wear to the bon fire when her phone lit up with a text message.

devynitely not devyn🤍

free this weekend?

no :(
i convinced andro to take me to the "party" he's going to

ight, that's chill.
need 2 talk to u abt something.
ttyl

oh.
ttyl?
read 6:23 pm

___

she threw her phone in onto the bed with a huff. lately, devyn has been acting weird around her, secretive almost. it worried her since they were best friends and told each other everything. every time she asked what was wrong devyn brushed it off like it was nothing, reassuring her that she was alright.

juniper shook her head, it wasn't a time to be thinking about troubling things. she just got her big, overprotective brother to bring her to a get together with his friends. it was a once in a blue moon deal, she was more than excited to say the least, ecstatic.

he never spoke about who he met much, saying "it wasn't her business". whatever that meant. if she even muttered or mentioned a single word about what he did, the topic would change instantly.

her bottom lip pushed out into a pout when she didn't find an outfit that matched her mood. her style of clothing changed almost everyday, she could pass for a new person. being bisexual wasn't as easy as pie, she wanted to look appealing to both genders.

she loved to be attractive and lusted after, but completely out of reach, a tease some would say. juniper wanted her aura to completely take over the room in a subtle way.

15 minutes, a breakdown and a half, alejandro asking if she was okay, a bowl of ice cream later, she found clothes that matched that didn't make her want to burn the article of clothing

her closet was separated by the style of fashion they fell in. when she felt like a princess, sundresses and skirts were on the left. when she wanted to smash someone's face in, grunge was on the left. when she wanted to be stylish but comfortable, it was her favorite type to wear.

she just hated repeating the same process everyday. she loved change, the new things it brought. the opportunities it gave to look and feel good.

underneath, evenly placed and neatly stacked were copious amounts of shoes. from jordan and vans to sandals and heels. alejandro gifted her with everything she wanted, what she needed— he provided. she couldn't ask for a better sibling to be stranded with, though he could do good with a slap in the head sometimes.