two

no one asked you

the shower was running when I woke up, and as I feel for the boy next to me I realize he was already up

the shower was running when I woke up, and as I feel for the boy next to me I realize he was already up. as soon as I swing my legs off the side of the bed, I get a head rush.

my legs feel like they're made of lead as I walk to the bathroom and give the door a light tap. "Rafe, I'm coming in." I warn before pushing the door open and going over to the sink. "let's keep it pg in here." when I turn on the sink I hear a yelp come from behind the curtain causing me to laugh.

"hey! you made it go up to a thousand degrees!" Rafe whines as he pokes his head out from the steam. I try not to blush at the fact that water is dripping down his face and neck, and his lips were equally as wet. Dammit. "what? is there soap on my face?"

"no, I just didn't realize how ugly you were in the mornings." before I know it, the bar of soap is flying at me. "oh Rafey boy you dropped the soap!"

————

I walk around the truck to the passenger side as Rafe climbs opens the driver door, and immediately the heat inside the vehicle hits me like a tidal wave. once I'm buckled I quickly rose my window down to get the breeze going. "please don't tell me you're going to stick your head out the window like a dog, Lyv."

"y'know what, just to spite you." as the truck picks up speed on the main road I do just as he predicted and lean out the window. it isn't so bad, up until a tree branch smacks my cheek. "fucking fuck."

Rafe pulls me in the truck by my waist all while he laughs his ass off. I rub my cheek to hopefully help the pain and reach over to smack his arm. "you're the one who wanted to act like an idiot!" he says as he still chuckles.

"it was fun! maybe you should try it, but make sure there's a tree nearby."

pretty soon we pull into the Cameron's driveway and I see Sarah walking to their pool in her bikini. making sure there's no foliage around, I lean out the window and whistle. "hey losers! get your swimsuits and come on!" she hollers with a half smile on her face.

when I catch a glimpse of Topper in the pool, I scowl in disappointment. "do you really not like Topper that much?" Rafe asks me as he parks the truck.

"it's not that I don't like Topper, I just don't like Topper and Sarah." my explanation sounded shitty, but in my head it made sense. Topper was basically her bitch, and Sarah was oblivious to it. "it's all just a little too mushy for me."

"well you try being mushy with someone and maybe you'll find you like it." Rafe opens the door for me and helps me out as I shove my sunglasses up to the top of my head. part of me wants to be my usual self with him, but after what he said last night I'm too weirded out by the idea of requesting a piggy back ride.

"is that an invitation, Rafey boy?" I tease and stick my tongue out at him. he rolls his eyes but I catch the slight redness forming on his ears from embarrassment.