Chapter 5 (Percy's POV)

"Would you mind telling me where we're going?" I asked as I felt something smack my face, a tree branch maybe?

"No, it's a surprise Seaweed Brain." my girlfriend, Annabeth said.

After a few seconds I was ready to ask again when she said "Open your eyes." I opened my eyes and saw a clearing in the woods next to camp, and in the center was a large picnic blanket and a woven basket.

"What's this for?" I asked as I sat down and noticed that all the food was blue.

"I love it when you're clueless, it's our anniversary of our defeat against Kronos, and when you found out you loved me Seaweed Brain." She said with a smile.

"Well Wise Girl, did you know I was going to do this?" I said then I kissed her, only for a second before I pulled away.

She smiled and said "No, but how about this?" she leaned forward as if to kiss me but then she went back and in her hand was Riptide in its pen form.

"Hey!" I protested then she grinned and ran, I stood up and followed after her.

I chased her around for a while and tackled her. She squirmed to get away but I took my pen from her before she escaped. "I won!" I said as I gave a cocky smile and struck a pose, causing her to grin.

(Annabeth's POV) 

Percy looked so cute there striking that ridiculous pose, it took all my will power not to laugh.

"Come on Percy, let's eat some food before you fall over." I said as I walked towards the picnic.

"I am not going to 'fall over'" he said with a confident smirk.

I gave him a small push, and he almost fell face first. "Hey! That's cheating!" He protested, he was about to say more when I kissed him and said "I said let's eat Seaweed Brain."

He sat down and we ate in a comfortable silence, then Piper came running through the trees.

"Guys, Chiron needs us all at the Big House, now!" Piper said her face flushed from running and interrupting us.

"Why, what happened?" I asked as we stood up.

Her expression darkened and she answered "Its another prophecy..."

Hahaha, I know that you are secretly plotting my demise for this cliffhanger and such a short chapter, but I will post more soon. (P.S. I forgot to mention that all characters belong to Rick Riordan and Shannon's Messenger)