Chapter 29

Me: *gets on Wattpad*

Me: *remembers that people like this story and I have to update*

Me: okay, I can do this.

Me: *looks like the picture below*

(Keefe's POV) 

Fuzz buckets! Sophie's down, I'm not sure she's even breathing right now, Pipers unconscious, pretty sure Will was stabbed (in the leg, chill.) ,and Frank's elephant is missing a tusk.

I slashed through a monster and tried to run to Sophie, I was blocked by five cyclopses, just great.

At least Grewdin was dead, I think, the hasn't moved since Sophie collapsed.

"Nico!" Percy called, the son of Hades finished killing his monster and ran to the son of Poseidon. Percy whispered something to him, he nodded and they both raised their hands, the earth trembled, monsters fell over, sometimes stabbing themselves with their own weapon.

For some reason the tremors didn't affect us much, we cut down monsters faster than what I thought was possible, fear is a great motivator.

When the path was clear I ran to Sophie, Dex was already by her side. Her skin was reddish and hot to the touch, her breath came in short, ragged gasps, occasionally a rainbow spark flew from her head.

"C'mon Sophie, c'mon..." Dex whispered, while gently trickling water from I bottle of youth in her mouth.

I gripped her hand, unable to speak, her breaths were slowly becoming more and more shallow. Within a minute the others had joined us, except for Tam, he was busy making sure the son of Hades didn't dissolve into a puddle of shadows.

Is this how she ends? Dead thanks to defeating the offspring of a god who couldn't keep his thing in his pants?

No, I can't let this happen, I won't. 

But how could I help?

You're useless. My fathers voice echoed in my head. You'll never amount to anything. You're no son of mine.

Tears pooled in my eyes, he was right, the only person who'd made me feel like I meant something was dying before me, and I couldn't do a thing.

(Sophie's POV)

Dark.

That's the only way to describe this place.

Dark...and cold too.

Nothing but infinite black surrounded me, darkness for miles around.

I tried to call out, but I couldn't speak.

Is this, is this death?

What about the underworld? What about Elysium? Didn't Nico say he'd make sure we went to Elysium? Or was that a dream?

Maybe, maybe I dreamed the whole thing, elves, demigods, the Black Swan...Maybe I hit my head at that museum, maybe this is was all something I just made up in my head...I should write it down when I wake up...my author name could be Shannon Messenger...

No, it couldn't have been a dream....right?

"C'mon Sophie, c'mon..." someone whispered.

Who was that? Is that my parents, begging me to wake from this dream? No, it's real, this all has to be real.

"Hello, Sophie Elizabeth Foster." three voices rang out in unison, in front of me was the Fates.

"We see you've passed!" The center one said.

"Barely." The right one grumbled.

"Indeed, Sophie, we think you could be dying..." the center one sighed.

"I heard a snip, was that you guys?" I questioned.

"Well, we tried to cut your string, but then we realized you have an important future, blah, blah, blah, so this idiot threw them against the floor and accidentally snipped a guy named Dan's string." The left one said, pointing at the right one, who eye rolled.

"So...can I go back to my friends?" I asked.

"Mmph, I guess you can." The right one muttered.

"I'm fine with that, but make sure and hug that boyfriend of yours, he's a little distraught." The left one laughed, giving me a wink.

"Stop teasing the girl, she's dying for Zeus's sake." The center one scolded. "Now Sophie, I love the Wizard of Oz, so could you please do the shoe tapping thing? Then we'll send you home."

The Fates watch T.V.? 

I tapped my heels together and said Dorothy's line, my vision blurred and the Fates left, I saw my friends faces swimming before me.

I hugged Keefe and whispered "Lefty said so" then I collapsed, lost in a field of grey.