Chapter 26

Hello! Did you miss me? Okay, how many people are *dodges dagger* OKAY WHO THREW THAT!? Anyway, how many people are enjoying my book? *dodges arrows* WHAT THE-, NO WEAPONS. Yeesh, ya'll are scary... *takes out sword* and I can be too. BUT THANK YOU x 100000000 FOR GIVING ME 1,000 READS!!! Feel, free to check out my other stories!

Conner: WOW, look at this Travis.

Travis: Look at all those pockets to pick!

Conner: shhhh, they can hear us.

Me: nah, only I can.

Conner and Travis: HOW DID YOU SNEAK UP ON US, WE'RE HERMES KIDS!?

 Me: pfft, it was easy. Now do the disclaimer.

Conner: All rights go to-

Travis: Rick Riordan and Shannon Messenger.

(My PoV (BECAUSE I CAN CUPCAKES))

The (snow glowed white on the mountain tonight) demigods were fighting well, Percy and Annabeth were back to back, taking on a cyclops and five empusa, Hazel was fighting on Frank who was a small dragon, waving her spatha like a pro. Leo was swinging his hammer with enough force to knock some of the monsters heads straight off, Nico had summoned ten skeletons and was engaged in a fight with two hell hounds, Biana was invisibly taking down enemies with her daggers. Dex threw bombs strong enough to make chunkes of the tunnel to collapse on monsters, Fitz and Keefe used daggers and throwing starts against the monsters, and of there was so much fighting that to list it all would take hours. But is is enough?

(Keefe PoV)

We'd been fighting for two hours, and we were only a little less than half way through. I had already run out of projectiles, so I used my power to make a sword, it was a good grip, it would have to do. Then I saw Sophie fall, whether from exhaustion or wounds I didn't know.

"SOPHIE!!" I shouted, I ran to her side and saw cuts all over her, and her eyes were closed with exhaustion, she was out in the middle of a battle field. 

Will saw her and came over with watered down nectar and some healing supplies, I had to keep her safe. I guarded the area around her, no one within five feet of her, I engaged with the monsters, but how long could I keep this up?

(Nico)

Things aren't going good, Sophie is unconscious, Leo's fire is sputtering and about to go out, and this is the second time I've had to resurrect my skeletons. 

I felt a cold breeze and I turned to see Dex, something was pulling me towards him, what? I wasn't in control of my body, I ran to him and slammed my hands into his back, he fell over with an 'oomph'. No, no, no, he's on your side! I thought desperately as I grabbed him and pushed him against the wall by his neck, he was sputtering for breath. No, no, no! 

"What in the hades are you doing Nico?!" I heard a voice, maybe Annabeth? call me. 

Dex's face was red, I felt my mouth grin creepily. I tightened my grip on him and brought out my sword, it was only and inch away from him, he was frantically kicking, but it didn't make a difference. No, he is your friend! Don't hurt him... 

I felt someone trying to drag me off and away from Dex, it was Percy. I felt myself growl and I slashed at him mercilessly with my sword. "Stay away." I said, but I didn't want to say that! Percy had dodged and by then Hazel was there, slightly tired looking and she helped him fight against me. 

"PIPER, we need Piper!!" Percy called. I felt my body growl again, I saw Dex was already gone, so I decided they would replace him. NO, Hazel is my sister and Percy is my friend! I practically screamed in my head. Piper was here by now and Percy whispered "his eyes..." to her. What about my eyes?

She stood in front of me, Hazel was back in battle already and Percy was keeping a dracane from reaching us. "Leave Nico's body..." she charm spoke. "Swear on the River Styx to not possess people again, leave the battle." 

"Never." My mouth said. "I will use him to kill all of the elves and then you, demigods." I spat.

"No, you will leave, and swear on the River Styx you won't ever return." She spoke, more determined.

The thing controlling me weakened, "Leave?" it whispered.

"Yes." Piper said forcefully.

The thing swore on the River Styx and left, I promptly collapsed, but before I did I heard her say "Stupid Eidolons."

(Sophie's POV)

Where am I? I knew I was dreaming, I saw something in front of me, it looked like a goblin but bigger and with more scars than usual. I examined it, hoping to find a weakness. C'mon, it can't be invincible! I thought after five minutes of searching but finding nothing.

Three old ladies appeared in front of me, the one in the middle spoke in a raspy voice "Well, well, well, Sophie. I see that fate has twisted you in quite a tough spot..."

"Are, are you the Fates?" I asked.

"Of course we are!" The one on the left snapped. 

"Oh shut up already." The right one said.

"Anyway, we are here to tell you there is a way to defeat this monstrosity before you and we can tell you for a price." The one in the middle said.

"How, and what price?" I asked.

The Fates looked at each other, oddly happy. "At the price of you." 

"Wh-What?" I asked.

"Sophie your fate is so complicated and entwined with others we are still trying to figure some parts out. The easiest thing to do would be for you to sacrifice yourself, you save your friends, and your fate can finally end so we can take a break." The right one said and the others nodded solemnly.

"There's no other way?" I whispered.

The Fates share a look again and said "No." in unison.

"We'll give you a minute to decide..." the right one said.

What am I gonna do, I'd gladly sacrifice myself for my friends, but...what about them? Would they be okay without me, would they miss me? I can't let them die, but I don't want them to be sad. They wouldn't even have to plant a Wanderling, I already have one...

What would Mr. Forkle do? I could practically hear him tell me 'A sacrifice of one for the good of many is a sacrifice worth making. We often forget in our so called perfect world that decisions will be the true downfall of us. Each action it's own repercussions and benefits not only to us both those closest to us, choose carefully, but this is your decision to make.'

"I'll do it." I whispered "now tell me how."

The middle one smiled and answered "That's easy, you inflict, but the amount of power it will take to bring it to its knees and kill it would kill you, so either you inflict and you both die, or you don't and everyone dies."

"You understand once you begin there are no chances whatsoever to back out." The left one clarified.

I nodded and the next thing I knew the dream swirled around me, and I was brought back into consciousness.

Ooooh, cliffy. (Kinda) Just wanna day thank you again and BYEEEE!!!