Chapter 22

This chapter will be short(ish), I am sorry. My life is kinda hectic, with the pandemic and school and moving....ANYWAY ENJOY.

Me: Thank gods that the fourth wall is back up.

Nico: *shadow travels* OR IS IT.

Me: GAH, Nico what are you doing here?!

Nico: Hiding.

Me: From who?

Nico: Will.

Me: WHY.

Nico: No reason....

Me: Okay, well would you please do the disclaimer?

Nico: Fine, Authorswrite123 owns nothing. *shadow travels away*

(Nico's POV) 

I hate light leaping.

Will had told him that there was to be no shadow traveling unless is was absolutely necessary, so I had to LIGHT LEAP. I swear it's like the light hated me, every one else was fine, Will was practically glowing, but not me. I resisted the urge to throw up or smash the crystal so I'd never have to do that again.

"Hey Death boy, you okay?" Will whispered.

"Mmph." I so cleverly responded.

"Umm, where are we?" Linh asked.

"This is the front of the Empire State Building, I figured that such a powerful monster might be next to a powerful place. (A.K.A. Olympus)" Annabeth said,

"Okay, you know the drill kids, Sandor, Nico, Will, Annabeth, Percy, Linh you start searching west. And Fitz, Frank, Hazel, Tam, and Grizel search east. Lastly me, Dex, Biana, Piper, Jason, and Leo search North. WE'LL MEET UP BACK HERE AT FOUR." Ro, the ogre, explained.

The other teams headed off, I was just glad I was with Will, the Aphrodite cabin says when we're together we are Solangelo, whatever that means. I wonder what they're doing right now....probably making 'Solangelo and Percabeth' T-shirts. I wonder what color they'd be? Stupid ADHD!

"You do know that searching requires moving." Keefe said.

"Oh, er...yeah, let's go." I said as I started heading west.

Everyone was mostly silent, the elves and Sandor were gawking at the city and the others were quiet because I needed to concentrate. I wasn't as good a Hazel with the underground stuff, I'm more into to shadows and dead people, yeah depressing I know. I felt around under my feet, I couldn't sense anything so I kept walking at a super slow pace, don't judge me, this stuff is HARD.

After a good hour and a half I was running low on energy, but we'd only traveled a little over two miles. 

"Nico, I think you might need to take a break." Annabeth said, and Will looked equally concerned.

"No, I'm fine." I said as I fought the urge to yawn.

"Nico, you're exhausting yourself, we can stop for a while." Will said.

"Uh uh." I protested.

Then Keefe grabbed my arm and I flinched away. 

"Dude, you are super tired, just take a break." Keefe said. Oh right, he's an empath...

"That's it, your gonna stop right here." Will said as he picked me up.

"HEY!" I exclaimed.

Will brought me over to a cozy, little, coffee shop and plopped me down on a booth, the others following close behind. Sandor sniffed the air and glared at anyone who got within five feet of our table.

"Willlllllll" I complained, extremely  maturely. 

"Hush Death boy." He said as he went to the counter and ordered me and him some drinks. The elves, except for Sophie, were confused so Sophie ordered their drinks.

Will came back with a small smile on his face, humming a *tune that sounded like a song.

(time skip to when the break is over)

We kept searching and at 3:51, I got an IM from Frank. "Nico, Hazel found the cavern, meet us at (insert place in New York)."

"Let's go." Percy said before we ran to (insert place in New York). 

Hello my readers, am I updating to often....probably. Anywho, for those of you want to know the song I will what he was singing...also heh, I kinda don't know if this is a real song but my great grandma sang it to my great grandpa when they were alive. 

*You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine

You make me happy when skys are gray

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away 

Yeah, I really miss my great grandparents, they died when I was eleven....so I hoped you liked it reader, bye.