Chapter 7 (Sophie's POV)

We fell to the ground in a tangled heap, and as I looked around I noticed the skyscrapers of New York. Hundreds of human thoughts hit me and I quickly blocked them.

"Ugh Blondie, you gotta work on your landings" Ro said as she got out of the heap.

"Ro is right, if there was an attack we'd all be immobilized" Sandor said as he helped the others stand up.

"Sorry" I mumbled, then I looked around at the magnificent city, it wasn't even close to the crystal buildings of the Lost Cities.

"How do humans breathe this air?" Biana said with as she crinkled her nose again. 

"They don't have a choice" Fitz said "They can't hold their breath for as long as us"

"Where are we, and please don't tell me we have to go to a human school" Dex said as he looked around too.

"I think it's fallish, so we probably do have to, so we can avoid suspicion." I sighed.

"Is it just me or does going to a human school sound like really hard we don't know English, and how are we going to fit in, especially them." Tam said as he pointed to our bodyguards.

"I don't know, let's just find a place to sleep and figure out a plan." I said then I walked towards the nearest hotel.

"Excuse me, can we have your biggest room?" I asked the clerk in English.

The woman looked us up and down then said "How are you going to pay for that kid?"

I fought off the urge to sass her and said "With this" then I pulled out a debit card that took lusters from our account and switched them to any human currency.

She took the card and swiped it, her eyes widened as it worked. "Here you go miss" she said as she handed me the room key and the card.

I smiled and walked my friends to the empty elevator. "Thanks for the card Dex" I said switching back to the Enlightened language. Then I pressed the twentieth floor button. 

"No problem Soph, but what is this metal box we're in?" Dex said as he opened the control panel and started messing with the wires.

"An elevator, and don't mess with it." I replied and Dex reluctantly put the panel back in place.

The doors opened and I gaped, the whole floor was our room, there was a huge kitchen and living room that took up a third of it, each one of us had our own rooms, even the bodyguards! And lastly in the corner there was what I can only describe as my dream library filled with an assortment of human books.

Biana ran to her room and squealed "My room is PINK!"

Fitz rolled his eyes and him and the boys jogged to claim their rooms. Linh got a room with a small waterfall, and mine was a room with a big bed, book shelves, a walk in closet, and a big balcony. After we moved our stuff in we saw that Ro was taking up one of the small couches,  Sandor was standing by the door, guarding it, and Grizel was flipping through a book on martial arts. 

I smiled and sat down on a armchair to wait for the others, I brought out my IPad and searched for schools near by, in a few minutes everyone was here.

"So guys, I did some research and we are going to attend Goode high!" I said with slightly forced enthusiasm.

"That's a human school, right?" Linh said as she made a horse with water and had it run around the hotel.

"It is, so I need to teach you all English" I said with a sigh. 

"How are you going to teach us all English in like one day?" Biana asked.

"Like this" I said then I reached for her temples and implanted the knowledge in her brain.

"Woah, that is a lot of information" Biana said as she clutched her head and then said In wobbly English  "Am I doing it, am I speaking English?" 

Thank goodness that worked! Then I moved on to the others and in a few minutes we were all speaking English impeccably, even the bodyguards.

"Guys, GUYS!" I shouted over the conversation, everyone quieted down. "You only have to use English when you are talking to a human, we can still talk in the Enlightened language." Everyone agreed and kept talking in the Enlightened language.

The day wore on and we got in our pajamas "Remember guys, we have school tomorrow, so rest up." I said then I went to my room and fell asleep.

Hello fans, hope you like the chapter! I try and post more as soon as someone comments. (yes, I know that is evil, but so am I. mwah ha ha ha!)