Chapter 7

Two-bit POV
She rushed out of here.
Does she hate me now?
It wasn't even my fault!
Maybe she just doesn't want to think about it, and that's ok I guess.
I think I really like her, but does she like me? She was drunk when that happened, and she did remember it, but maybe she was just so out of it to make lies?
I don't know what to do, my mind is spiraling. "Calm down Two" I told myself and took a few deep breaths.
I hadn't realized that I started to breathe really fast.
"I should just talk to her, ok, let's go then" I was talking to myself and head out the door.
I walked to the Curtis's house and only Johnny, Pony, and Dal were there.
"Where's y/n?" I asked Pony as I walked inside, "she went with Soda and Steve to the DX" he said.
"Thanks kid" I said and went to the DX.
I walked in and Soda was working at the register.
He was surrounded by a ton of girls so I pushed through them, literally, and said "where's y/n? Pony said she was here".
"Um she's in an interview right now, what's wrong? You look afraid" Soda stated.
"What? Oh nothings wrong" I said.
He raised his eyebrows and told me "you can wait in here until she's done then".
"Ok" I said and sat in a chair near the back. After about 5 minutes I see y/n shaking the owners hand and her smiling, she must've gotten the job.
She took her new DX shirt from the boss and turned and saw me.
She smiled so big making me smile, and she ran to me and I spun her in my arms.
"I did it!" She repeatedly yelled and I set her down.

It was quiet.

We both looked at each other confused and looked around the store.

It was empty luckily, but Soda gave us a confused look with his eyebrows raised yet again.

He was suspicious.

Y/n then looked at me and smiled awkwardly and went to Soda and hugged him and he congratulated her.
She looked back at me and waved as if saying "come one let's go", so I caught up to her and we left the store, y/n telling Steve on the way out because he was working on cars and didn't see all of the excitement.
We were walking down the street in silence, it bothered me so I decided to break the ice and say "I'm glad you got the DX job, I know how hard you worked at that bar, it was too much for you though".
She signed sadly and nodded, "speaking of which, I should probably go quit from there" she said and we started to walk there.
When we got there, she walked in by herself.
I was waiting outside for almost two minutes now and I heard yelling.
"You can't not pay me for an entire weeks work that I DID!".
It was y/n.
I barged in and y/n was arguing with her boss, he was refusing to pay her for her work last week.
"Hey! You pay her! That's work she did!" I yelled at him, "she works her ass off at this hell hole and you not paying her for an entire weeks worth is not going to slide!".
Y/n was shocked and her boss was a little fazed at first but said "she's quitting now and she gets paid biweekly, I'm not paying her half of it, it's not how it goes!"
"You have her money by the end of the day or else pal!" I yelled at him and grabbed y/n's arm and pulled her out of there.
Once outside, I saw y/n's face, she was straight up shocked.
"What's the face for, huh?" I asked with her laughing a little.
"I- I never expected you to talk to someone like that. For me".
"I'm a greaser, and of course for you, you're my best friend y/n" I told her.
"Well, what's gonna happen at the end of the day when he doesn't pay me?" She asked me, "I'll get Dal" I said and she nodded in agreement.
"Well where to now?" She asked, "my place?" I asked and she nodded and we went there.
The rest of the walk after that was silent.
Again.
We weren't talking about last night, which I was hoping we would.
We got to my house and we sat in my living room.
"Wow it's like we were just here this morning" I joked and she laughed.
Wow her laugh was cute.
"Two, I really want to thank you-" I cut her off saying "it's no problem, I've told you, don't worry about it".
She nodded slightly and it was quiet again.

Then y/n leaned over and kissed me.

I really like this girl, so that time I kissed back, knowing she wasn't drunk this time thankfully. Soon that kiss turned into us making out in my living room. After and few minutes we stopped and there was a complete silence.
I didn't mind it this time because neither of us really knew what to say.

"Two-bit" y/n said "I think I love you".
"Y/n, I love you" I said.

She blushed and look away so I wouldn't see, but of course I did.
"Awww look who's embarrassed" I told her poking her.
She squirmed when I poked her and said "whaaa? I'm not embarrassed".
"Are you sureeee?" I said continuing to poke her.
"Yeahhhhh" she said smiling. "Ok baby" I said and we looked into each other's eyes.
"Y/n?"
"Yeah"
"will you be my girl?"
"Of course baby".