Chapter 16

Soda POV
It was the afternoon now, around 1 pm and everyone was getting hungry.
"We should go to the Dingo" Steve suggested and everyone agreed.
"Two, you really shouldn't be going anywhere, you need to heal" I told him but he wouldn't listen.
"I'll be fine" he reassured me.
I sighed and we got up and left.
The five of us got some food and left after an hour.
Luckily I made  Two-bit wear a sweater, so no one would stare at his arms.We headed back to my house again and I was first to walk in. I saw Darry in the kitchen, he was finally up.
"Ah Superman's up ay?" Steve said walking in after me.
Dar was rummaging through our medicine cabinet when he noticed we walked in.
"Haha" he said to Steve.
"Soda do we have any head pain medicines?" "Uh yeah we should" I responded and got Two back on the couch and he turned on some Mickey.
Darry found the meds he was looking for and took them.
Then he walked over to me and said "what'd I miss?" I laughed a little, then I explained everything that happened.
His face was shocked as the gang was.
"Two why would you do that over my kid sister?" He asked him.
Two looked embarrassed, his face got all red and said "it doesn't matter".
"Anyway, so Dal went to get y/n and he said he'll be gone for at most two days?" Darry asked and I nodded.
"When'd he leave?"
"This morning"
"ok" he said sitting down in his chair, letting out an exhausted breath.
"What time'd you come home last night Dar?" I asked him, he looked down and said "4 am" I silently nodded.
"Did you go get drinks?" I asked him eventually and he nodded.
We all hung out for the rest of the day and we decided to have a gang sleepover.
I went to bed that night quite antsy.
"Soda stop jittering and go to sleep. I can't sleep when the whole beds shakin" Pony said groggily.
"Sorry Pone" I said and was able to calm myself.
Man I really hope y/n is ok and comes home.
•The Next Morning•
My first thought as I woke up was "is y/n here?".
I really need to distract myself, this whole thing is absorbing my thoughts.
I got up and walked out to the living room knowing that Darry or Pony were awake to make breakfast.
Steve was up and was dressed for work. "Soda!" He said "we have work today! Go get ready!".
"I'm not going to work until y/n gets back" I told him.
"We still have another day for her to be back at most. What if she doesn't want to come back and Dal leaves her!? Then what?" I didn't like the thought of her never coming back "then I'll at least wait for Dally" I said and sat in the couch with my arms crossed.
He rolled his eyes and went to get some breakfast, whatever Darry was making.
Then Two-bit woke up.
"Is she here!?" He asked as he opened his eyes "no" I said looking down.
"Oh" he sighed and went to get some chocolate cake along with Steve.
Then Pony and Johnny woke up for school and got ready.
They ate their breakfast, while I still had nothing.
I wasn't hungry anyway.

They were walking to the door saying their goodbyes when it opened and walked in Dallas Winston.

And following behind him was Y/n Curtis.