Chapter 20

Two-bit POV
I was shocked when Darry actually let me stay over. Y/n dragged me into her bedroom and went to get changed. She insisted I turn around but I complained "do I have to?" I was only joking because I did after I said that. When she said she was good, she was already in the bed, and patted the spot next to her gesturing for me to lay there. I pulled off my shirt and laid next to her. She leaned over and kissed me, it lasted awhile. Then she wrapped her arms around my upper back and I wrapped mine around her waist, and pulled us together so we were pressed against each other. "I love you baby, goodnight" she said sleepily. "Goodnight baby girl" I told her. I felt her snuggle into me, but she fell asleep minutes later. I looked at her, sleeping gracefully. I missed her so much, I was so worried about her. But now, she's in my arms. There's no worries now.
•The Next Morning•
I felt sunlight burning through my eyelids. I opened them but y/n was gone. I heard the door creak open and I quickly shut my eyes. Then I squinted opening only one eye to see who it was. Y/n. She was getting ready for work. She was getting clothes out of her closet and started getting dressed. I just watched, she is so beautiful. As she finished, y/n looked over in my direction and said "have you been watching me this whole time?". She must've seen my eyes open "uh huh" I said and she glared at me playfully. "I hate you" she said jokingly and came over and kissed me. "I'm headed to work in five. You'll be alone all day but I promise I'll be with you when I get off". "I'll stop by sometime during the day, not like I got anything else to do" I said. "You could go to school" she suggested "hah no". I got up and went to get some cake and was immediately investigated by Steve. "What'd you do last night huh?" "Nothin, just went to sleep" "yeah sure after you-" "alright Steve that's enough" Darry told him sternly. "And nothing better have happened-" he started, looking at me now. "Nothing happened!" I exclaimed and walked away from them into the living room.
Y/n POV
I woke up on time this morning to get to work. Soda had off today, but Steve still had to work. I walked to the kitchen and I wasn't the first one up, Darry was. "Hey y/n" he said "hi Dar" I said and then yawned. "You want your breakfast now?" He asked and I nodded. I ate and the gang was all here by now. I put my plate in the sink and went to get ready. I walked into my room and got out my DX shirt, then I got dressed. When I was finishing dressing, I peered over at Two and I saw his eyes squinted open watching me. "Have you been watching me this whole time?" I asked and he replied "uh huh". I glared at him playfully and jokingly said "I hate you" then I came over and kissed him. "I'm headed to work in five. You'll be alone all day but I promise I'll be with you when I get off" I told him. "I'll stop by sometime during the day, not like I got anything else to do" "You could go to school" I suggested, but got a "hah no" back. He got up walked to the kitchen to probably get some cake. I went to the bathroom to do my hair and such. I heard "nothing happened!" annoyingly escape Two's mouth as I exited the bathroom. "What are you guys doing?" I questioned Darry and Steve. "Just wondering what happened last night" Steve said and I flipped him off "yeah right Steve" I said to him. "I was trying to stop it" Darry said putting his hands in the air as if he is innocent. "Mm hmm" I said suspicious. "C'mon Steve lets go" I said and walked to the door. I stopped and said "hey Dal, can you walk with me? I want to talk to you about that deal we made about me coming back" then I walked outside. I heard two sets of footsteps behind me, one running rapidly and the other walking normally. I could tell who was who. I stopped and waited for a minute so I would be the same speed with Dally. When he caught up I said "soo I was thinking... I want to beat her up tonight" "y/n you gotta process this. When and where? I can set her up some way". I sighed with relief, thinking he was gonna shut me down "ok uhm 6 pm? And the place should be anywhere a Soc is comfortable with". "Aight I'm on it" "thanks Dal" "least I could do kid" "still older" I said and walked inside the DX because by that time we were there. Tonight's gonna be fun. For so many reasons.