Chapter 1 - "First Encounter"

MEW'S POV
2 weeks had passed since the first day of school, yet it already felt like hell to me. It is because my schoolmates cannot stop confronting me about my past and they even hated me because of it, even though they don't know anything. It is not easy, everybody judging you regarding that video. But it could be my last year, so it is a good thing.

"Mr. Suppasit! Quit dozing off!" Mr. Tawan shouted at me for not paying attention on his lecture, so I said, "I'm sorry, sir." while not daring to look at my classmates who is now laughing silently in my situation. Seriously, I am not in the mood to listen to his lecture now which is why I am just staring at the window.

Right in time, it is already time for lunch and three periods of my schedule is already finished, and I felt so relieved. Even though I'm not used to, I decided to eat at the cafeteria this day as I buy my food, it's been a long time since I eat here but because of my unlucky charm, I bumped into someone, that caused my food to spill all over the floor as well as to the person in front of me and as I looked up to the person I bumped into, my eyes widen, Bright. Oh, good luck to me.

GULF'S POV
I do not know why, but ever since I transfer to this school two weeks ago, I felt so welcome especially to the girls. I play football and girls are everywhere, I cannot find someone I like though because... Never mind, but I got myself some nice friends here, Bright, Pavel and Mild, they were the ones who guide me and from what I know, they are also the most popular and hot guys in this school. I am honored.

"Hey, Gulf, I'm going to buy a drink, you want something?" Bright asked me as the four of us eat our lunch, then I shook my head. "Nothing." I reply as he stands up and make his way to buy his drink until...

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Bright yelled at someone that caught not only my attention, but everybody's attention as well.

Bright has stain of sauce all over his shirt making him frustrated towards the person who bumped into him. I pity that guy though; he is just being humiliated in front of so many people because of my friend.

"I'm really sorry, Bright...' The guy muttered; I feel so sorry to him. Everyone keeps on looking and whispering because of the incident that just occurred less than a minute ago. "Sorry? That will not do anything, you should've known so well." Bright said with annoyance. But I cannot hide my curiosity for it feels like there is something going on, and not just this.

"Umm... Pavel, who is that guy?" I asked Pavel, "His name is Mew, the guy Bright told you he hates." Pavel answered as I nodded my head as a response. And then, to my surprise, Bright even kicked the tray that Mew is holding saying, "Next time, watch where you're going properly so not anybody's shirt got stained because of your stupidity." Before walking out to the stall to buy his drink.

That leaves Mew dumbfounded and before anyone can see, I notice that he is about to cry which is the reason why he rushed to the restroom and I cannot help but follow him there. "Hey, Gulf! Where are you going?!" Mild shouted behind but I do not care.

MEW'S POV
After the bumping incident, I quickly run towards the restroom because I can't keep my tears that's been wanting to pour in my face anymore so as soon as I enter the restroom, I cry heavily. I feel so horrible, I cannot even dare to look at anyone, I just wanted to be alone now as I lock myself inside the cubicle and seat at the toilet seat.

After a few minutes, I heard someone knocking so I lift my head but does not dare to open it until that person speaks, "Mew? Is that you in there?" the guy said. His voice is unfamiliar to me, so I am somehow confused. "Who are you?" I asked hoarsely since I just cried.

"I'll tell you, once you get out of there." He said firmly that makes me stand and I slowly unlock the door as I step outside, revealing a handsome guy with a black hair, same height as me with innocent, round eyes looking at me.

We just stared at each other for about few seconds until I finally get a hold of myself as I avoid his gaze.

"Now, would you mind telling me?" I asked sarcastically since I am not in the mood to talk to other people, I just want to go home right now actually. "I'm Gulf Kanawut, transferee, engineering student, 22." He answered calmly as I nodded my head, "You cried so heavily, aren't you?" he added that makes my eyes widen.

"Is it that obvious? And how do you know my name?" I asked once again because I have a lot to take in right at this moment. "My friend told me, here." He said as he offered a handkerchief for me to wipe my tears but when I am about to take it, he puts it back to his pocket making me frown and look at him as he chuckled a bit.

"Tell me something about yourself, something that Bright doesn't even know." He said and by then, I have a feeling that maybe he just wants to mess with me like Bright. "Look, if you're trying to mess with me, I suggest you stop." I said with an I'm-not-in-the-mood look as he sighed heavily.

"I have to admit, I'm remarkably close to Bright. But that does not mean I also want to mess with you. I just really want to know you." He said sincerely while looking straight to my eyes making me flustered.

"Fine, I'm Mew Suppasit, studying my PhD these days, already 28." I replied, while Gulf is looking so shocked, perhaps because of my age. "28?!" He exclaimed as I nodded my head looking so stern since I am used to it.

"So, should I call you P'Mew?" He scoffs as I smile a little, "Yup, I supposed." I said as he extends his hand for me to shake with as he greeted me properly this time. "Nice to meet you, P'Mew."

I do not know why, but this kid does not make me feel like I'm a nobody, I felt comfortable with him even though we just met like 5 minutes ago. "Nice to meet you too, Nong Gulf." I said while shaking hands with him. I guess crying in the restroom is not that bad at all...