Chapter 39 - "Confrontation"

GULF'S POV
I think my heart is about to explode any minute now because of happiness. As a matter of fact, I still can't believe that P'Mew's parents accepted me as his boyfriend. But, I suddenly feel tension when I enter house because of my mom and dad who is seating in the sofa, looking so serious. "Umm... I'm home." I awkwardly said as they both look at me.

"Son, can we talk?" Stiffness covers me when Mom asked that, but I just nod, "Sure." And sit across the two of them. What's going to happen now? I'm damn nervous earlier and now that I'm already better, I just got to be nervous again because of my intimidating parents. "Well, answer me honetly." Dad said and I slowly nod preparing myself for whatever question it may be.

"Does your boyfriend always give you a ride home?" "Yes, it bothers me--" My eyes widen when I realize what I said, shit! How did my dad know? I look down ashamed and facepalm frustratedly. "So, you really do have a boyfriend, huh?" I want to slap myself for slipping those words, but there's no point hiding now.

"Yes, dad." I look at him then to my mom, it seems like she's the one who told dad based on her apologetic face but I smile at her instead. "No." I frown at that. "What do you mean by 'no'?" I ask and dad turns to me. "Stop seeing that guy, no other option." I can't believe what I'm hearing, seriously? "No, I won't. Why would I do as you say?" I defended myself with that even though it tears my heart into pieces knowing that my dad don't want P'Mew for me as Mom grab his wrist with disappointment written in her face.

"Are you really going to be like this?" Mom ask looking mad. "Ah-huh, this boyfriend issue better end here. Talk to your son, he might listen to you." Dad answer and I speak, "Why? What's wrong with me going out with P'Mew?" My hands tremble in fear upon waiting for what he's going to say next.

"Simply because... He's a guy." I clench my fist before standing up. "I'm sorry, but I won't leave the man I love just because of that stupid reason."

I angrily stomped my feet going upstairs and lock the door of my bedroom before laying on my bed. I close my eyes and sigh feeling devastated because of my father. What if dad do something to make P'Mew get separated from me? "Why did he have to disapprove when everything's going fine now?" I thought so badly, with tears forming in my eyes worriedly.

Then my phone vibrated, and I picked it up without knowing the caller.

"Hey, babe, sleeping now?"
"Not yet, P'. You?"
"I'm about to sleep in about an hour, I guess..."
"Oh, I see." Without notice, I sniff and wipe the tears falling from my eyes.
"Are you okay? Do you have cold? Are you crying? What happened?"
"I'm fine, P'. Just catch a cold."
"Okay, take a rest now. I won't talk to you even longer. Take care of your health, understand?"
"Yes, P'. You too." I'm trying so hard not to sob because P'Mew might get suspicious or worried. Should I tell him or not?
"Alright, sleep now. Goodnight, nong! I love you." I smile sadly when he said that to me. I can't imagine myself breaking up with P'Mew.
"Goodnight, P'. I love you too! So much..."

I quickly ended the call before he even hears me crying so much, I don't know what to do. It's my first time to see my dad so serious like earlier. "Gulf... Are you sleeping now?" I heard my mom knocks on my door, as I immediately wipe the tears on my face befor opening the door.

"Hey." "Hey..." My mom suddenly hugs me then, I just suddenly bursts crying on her shoulder as she pats my head comforting me. "It'll be okay, I'll persuad your dad. Don't worry, he would eventually approve your relationship, okay?" I nod while hoping that it would really happen, I know how stubborn my dad could be.

"Just don't mention Mew's name that much, and I'll talk to your dad seriously about this." She assures before going back to their room and I seat on my bed, praying and wishing that my dad would accept P'Mew and I's relationship.