Chapter 37 - "Nervous Wreck"

MEW'S POV
It's been a week since that day, and as I've known, that douchbag doesn't bother Gulf anymore nor bully him. Good. Yesterday, I invited Gulf to my house for dinner for today and though he's nervous about meeting my parents, he agreed. It's funny though, because he keeps on telling me that he can't sleep last night in anxiousness that it's almost 3am yet we're still awake.

~FLASHBACK~ (2 DAYS AGO)
"Honey, are you already sleeping?" Mew's mom said as she opened her son's bedroom and saw Mew still doing something on his laptop. "Mom." She proceed inside, "Why are you still awake? Are you studying? Come on, the board exam is over, take some rest." Then, Mew chuckled amusingly at his mom.

"Mom, I'm just reading a novel. I'll sleep in a few minutes." His mom sighed and hold his hands, making Mew confused. "I heard you got a new boyfriend, is it true?" Mew admitted that he's quite taken aback when his mom asked him that but decided to answer honestly. "Yes, it's true." His mother's worried face is suddenly replaced with a smiley face.

"That's good, if you're serious with him, why don't you invite him for dinner? Saturday would be great, don't you think?" Mew was not so sure as to why his mother seems so interested in his love life now when she's not that supportive before. "I'm going to ask him for you guys, did Dad know?" His mother nodded and Mew already expected it.

"Look, I'm not being nosy. Your sister just happened to spill the beans that you're in a relationship now and she said that you're somehow serious about this guy," His mom took a pause before speaking again, "It's not my idea actually, it's your Dad's. So, we would like to meet him through a proper dinner. So, I hope your boyfriend would agree." Mew feels so good upon hearing that and nodded before his mom left him in his bedroom.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

It also bothers me because he really seem so nervous, I wake up at almost noon not doing anything and I guess he's preparing now for it's 4pm already in the afternoon. I'm preparing myself as well because I'm going to fetch him from his house in an hour but my phone rings while I'm still showering.

"Hello?"
"P'Mew, I'm almost there."
"What?! I told you--"
"It's okay, P'Mew. I'm in the bus now, please just wait there."
"How do you know my address, by the way? You know the way?"
"I don't really remember because I've been there for one time only but I'm familiar with it, so I'll be fine."
"If you say so, I'm taking a shower. I'll call you back once I'm done."
"Okay, P'Mew. I'll see you in a few minutes."
"Take care! See you then!"

GULF'S POV
Nobody really seems to notice but I've been trembling now, and when I get off the bus, I can't feel my legs. It's already numb from being nervous. I feel like I'm gonna faint any second now but I decided to inhale and exhale to calm myself. How nervous I was when P'Mew asked me to have dinner in his house with his family.

I'm in front of his house now, and I push the doorbell as calm as I can be, waiting for someone to open the door. By the way, P'Mew didn't tell me if there's someone's with him. What if he's still showering? I flinch unexpectedly when the door finally opens revealing a tall and beautiful woman. She seems familiar, I've seen her, I'm sure.

"You must be... Gulf?" She said and I nod slowly and she smiles, "I'm Jom, by the way. P'Mew's younger sister. Remember me?" I knew it. Then, she offers her hand in which I quickly take and shake hands with her. "Come in." I enter the house. Damn, it's so big and spacious. Very neat and elegant.

It's true, my boyfriend is rich. "Our parents are still outside, and my brother is upstairs. You want something?" I guess she's older than me.

"Anything is good, P'." She chuckled before leaving me there and get something for me to eat or drink as I roam my eyes around the living room.

MEW'S POV
I'm still in the shower when the doorbell rings, I guess he's here now. I move faster since he might expect me to open the door but Jom is downstairs so I'll leave it to her. I walk quickly downstairs and see my sister busy decorating cupcakes as I walk up to her.

"Where is he?" I ask then she smiles, "In the sofa, bring this to him and that juice." She said while handing me a plate of 4 cupcakes and I grab the glass of juice. My hair is still wet for I'm hurrying to get downstairs. My eyes met a pair of eyes as well and it belongs to my boyfriend as we both smile.

"Here." I said as I put the dessert and juice on the table and sit beside him. "Thank you." "No problem, eat this first. Dinner might take some time because our maid is in her day off so Jom would probably cook alone." He nodded and I watch him eat.

Gulf doesn't know but I'm nervous as well, I don't know what would happen later when my parents and my boyfriend meets. Time passes by so fast without me knowing that Gulf has already finished the cupcakes and juice. "Is it good?" Gulf nodded and smile. "Still nervous?"I ask but then, Gulf's face becomes pale and I hold his hands.

"Are you okay?" But, he don't answer me and looks down instead. "What if they don't like me? I don't know what to do, P'Mew. I'm nervous since yesterday." I silently scolded myself for thinking that my nervous boyfriend is still so cute despite being a nervous wreck right now.

"Don't worry, I won't let them do anything to you. I know my parents, I'm sure they will like you. You'll be fine." I assure him but I know that it won't make him stop being nervous. "Come on, let's go upstairs. Jom will call us once our parents are here." Gulf himself intertwined his fingers into mine when we go upstairs. Gulf and I decided to watch a movie while waiting for our parents inside my room, leaning on each other while laying on my bed. as we watch a movie called "Love, Simon".