Chapter 33 - "Love Sick"

GULF'S POV
Here comes Monday again, and this week would be mentally tiresome because it's exam week. "You look so happy, any good news?" I ask Bright, who's smiling like a dumb since earlier. "Well, I'd just knew that Win and I used to be childhood friends and his dad approved our relationship now. And, it's just... So good." I smile at that, "That's great! So, what's next? Marriage?" I tease and he punch me slightly in my shoulder.

"Stop, it's still early for that." "Ooohhh... Thanks for helping me last Friday, by the way." I thanked and he nodded. "No prob, anytime." The two of us keep on chatting and studying silently at the library then I wonder, when will my boyfriend finish reviewing?

"Does P'Mew usually study extra hard at this time of the week?" I muttered to myself and then Bright suddenly answers, "Yup, and I forgot to tell you... He's a total Philomath, so prepare to be love sick." Will P'Mew really have no time for me? "Look, it's a board exam, so expect him to focus so much this time." I'm worried as time passes by.

It's almost time to go home, but I don't even get to see P'Mew's shadow and he did not even replied to my text earlier nor call me back. "Hey, he did not call you?" Mild asks and I shook my head disappointedly. "You'll be going home alone?" "I guess? Well, I'm gonna go now. See you tomorrow." I said and bid goodbye to all of them.

I feel empty even though I know that P'Mew is just studying and maybe Bright is right, I should prepare to be love sick at this state.

MEW'S POV
Did I ever say how hard it is to study PhD? Well, it's very hard. This week would be so hectic, because next week, I would take my board exam. I can't let my guard down especially this time, I have been studying so hard for this. I can't even find time to text or call Gulf today because I left my phone at home. I'm privately studying at my professor's office whom I'm pretty close with, Mr. Tawan.

"Look, why don't you just study in the library?" Mr.Tawan suggests but I shook my head, "P', library is too crowded for me. I'm more worried about my lover, we haven't seen each other since this early morning." You heard it right, when it's not in the class, I call my professor P' because our age is not that far.

"What if I told you that Gulf is in the library the whole day?" My eyes widen when he said that. "Really? Whole day?" P'Tay nodded and I feel like studying here is a big mistake. "Don't you know? I thought you know and you just don't want to be distracted, that's why you came here." I slowly shook my head as I start packing my stuff.

"Are you done? Where are you going?" "At the library..." I move even faster in keeping my books and research papers. "Right now? It's close already, he must've gone home already." I frown and look at my watch, 5:55pm... When did time goes by so fast? Shit, my phone! He must've been calling or texting me since earlier.

"Thank you and sorry for disturbance, I'll get going now, P'." I said as I quickly run towards the parking lot and drive home as fast as I can. By the time I reach home, I hurriedly go to my room and look through my phone.
4 messages from Baby Kana <3
"P', have you eaten yet?" [Sent 09:56]
"I'm in the library, but I can visit you if you want..." [Sent 11:44]
"Are you busy studying? It's okay, you can do it!" [Sent 14:15]
"I guess I'll be going home alone, please take care." [Sent 17:07]
9 missed calls from Baby Kana <3

GULF'S POV
I feel neglected today, "Hey, what's with that face?" My mom know me so well, you know? "Nothing, I'm just tired. I stayed at the library the whole day studying, my head aches." I lied, nothing hurts actually, only my heart. "Where's Mew? He didn't go home with you?' I shook my head and smile.

"He's busy studying, mom. I don't want to bother him." I reply and without any notice, I go upstairs towards my room and as I lay down in my bed, I flinch when my phone suddenly rings, a phone call from... P'Mew.

"Hello?"
"Gulf, are you in your house already?"
"Yes, P'. What about you?"
"(sighs)That's good to hear, I'm in my house as well. How are you?"
"I'm fine, P'."
"Are you sure? I'm sorry if I didn't reply or call back, I left my phone here."
"Is that so? That's okay..."
"I'm really sorry, from now on, I will always keep you updated."
"It's really alright, P'. You must be tired."
"More like sad, because I didn't get to see my boyfriend and my head aches from studying too much."
"(giggles) Rest well, P'. Thank you for calling me. I feel less worried now."
"Okay, you rest well too. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you!"
"Love you too."

It's only for a day yet I already feel like it's been a week since we talk so sweetly like that. But, I feel so happy that it's P'Mew who call first. I love my boyfriend, he's just so sweet, isn't he?

My mood goes back to normal when we have dinner to the extent that I can't keep myself from smiling. I keep on munching my food silently yet happily until, "Son, have you gotten yourself a girlfriend already? You look so happy..." That's why, I choke on my food. My sister give me a glass of water to drink as I keep on coughing. Geez, I can't breathe properly.

"Hey, what happened?" My mom asks with a bowl of rice in her left hand, "I don't know, I just ask him if he have a girlfriend already then this happened." I still can't stop coughing, why did he have to ask that right now? I could see my mom's reaction and it's definitely confusing.

After dinner, my mom follows me to my room. "So, when are you planning to tell your dad about you and Mew?" I knew it. "I don't know, mom. I'm scared." I admitted, I've never seen my dad's reaction to gay couples before but I'm still scared.

"Okay, but I hope you would be brave and tell the truth." I nodded as my mom left and I sigh. How much I wish that it would be that easy.