Chapter 5 - "Principal's Office"

BRIGHT'S POV
"Mom, take it easy on Gulf and... Mew." I said quietly as I eat my breakfast with my parents, you're right, my mom is the school's principal, I hate to admit but yes, I still care about Mew. But that doesn't mean I want him back; I'm just waiting for him to explained it all to me because I believed that he doesn't do it, but he never did.

"Of course, dear. It's nothing serious actually, I'm just going to clear things out and it's the best for the two of them." Mom says assuring me that it'll be fine. Since Monday, the day I yelled at Mew, Gulf seems to be distant to me and I guess he heard the whole story from Mew already, I can't blame him though, I truly am just his coward ex-best friend.

I suddenly remember the old days as I stare at the picture frame hanged in my room, a picture of me and Mew two years ago, that's the most recent one. I regret everything and just wants to make up with him but it's not that easy especially for him, I kind of like turned my back to him at that time.

GULF'S POV
I've already told my mom that I had been called to the principal's office for this morning and told her the main reason, but despite it, I'm happy that mom encourages me to just be honest, instead of scolding me at this time that makes me less nervous and I trust P'Mew that he'll be just as honest as I am.

I come to school today earlier than usual as I wait outside the principal's office, then after few minutes of waiting, the principal is slowly approaching me but I'm confused because she walks alongside Bright but I just ignored it as the principal ushers me to enter her office but before I even do so, Bright holds my arm, "Mom, please excuse Gulf for a minute, I just have something to say." Bright excuses and the principal nodded with a smile, wait... Mom?!

"Mom? The principal is your mom?!" I exclaimed not wanting to believe but by the time Bright nodded his head, I knew that it's true, so I just try to calm myself down.

"Let me get straight to the point, why are you ignoring me?" Bright asks as I looked down, obviously I'm trying to avoid his questions but Bright just keeps on digging his eyes on me that I can't hold it in anymore. "No, I'm not technically ignoring you, it's just, I'm curious about someone." I said truthfully. "And I think you already know who it is, am I right?" I added before he nodded his head. "Mew, but why?" He asks again but this time he is not mad or annoyed which makes me surprised.

"I already know the whole story why people seem to hate P'Mew so much, but the thing is, he doesn't deserve that hate, which is the reason why I'm disappointed to you, you should've known better, yet you just left him hanging on a cliff, don't you?" I said sarcastically trying to put everything in his head for him to realize it.

"Now, if you excuse me, I should go back to your mother's office, Bright." I said walking away, kind of mad to Bright for not even trying to argue or fight for their friendship.

"I know that I'm just a nobody, a new one and I don't have the right to say these kinds of words to you without knowing your side, but I just want you to know, I'm not interfering, because what I'm trying to do is, to make you realize that P'Mew should not be suffering like this because none of these are his fault. I've been with him only for 2 days, but I could already sense that he is nothing but a good and approachable person and... maybe you should see that, again." I said as I walked out already leaving Bright behind.

But when I look back few meters away, I could see him on the floor sitting while crying, it pains me to see him like this but I have no choice but to tell him everything for him to realize it, then P'Mew pats my shoulder from behind, as we both smile towards each other, before we finally get inside the principal's office.

"So, let's start this now, I want you two to be brutally honest, alright?" Mrs. Vachirawit said as we both nodded in unison. "I've called the two of you here in my office not to scold you but to make things clear, so don't be scared and be calm, understood?" And we both nodded again but much lighter now than before.

MEW'S POV
"Tell me, what is your relationship?" Mrs. Vachirawit asks the first question, Gulf, and I both answered in unison. "Friends." That make the principal smile. I'm nervous as heck, but I don't show it. "What happened that night? Where you two are found laughing inside someone's car with Mew as the driver." Gulf looks at me, expecting me to be the one to answer so I did.

"The car is mine, Ma'am. I was going to drop Gulf at his house that night and we're talking about something funny." I explained as she nodded. "Alright, you two are done." We are both shocked but happy at the same time as we bid goodbye but, "Mew, please stay for a while." The principal said so I smile at Gulf and let him off the hook at he gets out the office.

I think I know where this is going, but I don't want to speak just yet, not in front of Bright's mom, I miss her so much, especially Bright, but I can't show it.

"Mew, please come back." Auntie said as my eyes widen, still progressing at what she said, then tears escape her eyes making me even more shocked, or should I say guilty. So, I handed her my handkerchief and she gladly accepted it.

"Look, Bright, he looks so strong in the outside but if you were there, you'll also knew how much he suffers. He misses you a lot. Please forgive him, I can't stand seeing my son like that." Mrs. Vachirawit confessed that makes me gasps and I can't help but cry either, it just pains me so much as well. "I'm so sorry too, I don't know what he's going through." I said as we both cries.

"No, I know how much you suffers more than he does, you're accused, betrayed and my son even don't believe you at first, and I know what he did last Monday and it's the worse, it's not right but I just want you to know, he loves you very much, it's been a year and half but he's still not my son that I used to know." She said painfully, I hug her as she hugs me back, Bright, you son of a Vachirawit, you should've told me you are suffering too. We stay like that and when reality hits us hard, auntie and I both laughed and look at each other with happiness as we let it all out, today, in this office.