Chapter 17 - "Art?"

MEW'S POV
The way things are going on now, I could almost say that it is perfect, I've been dating Gulf as well as Bright with Win, Mild had his own boyfriend and Pavel having a move on Dome. I could say, we're now at the happiest time of our life.

Gulf and I are supposed to have a date tonight, but our friends insisted that we all should go out and celebrate since their faculty won the football match last week. My phone suddenly vibrates indicating that there's a message and it's from Gulf, so I open it instantly.

"P'Mew, are you on your way?" [Sent 18:38]
"Yes, I'll be there in a few minutes, I'm driving now." [Sent 18:38]
"Okay, P', see you, drive safely." [Sent 18:39]

After a few minutes, I could already see Gulf's home and I suddenly felt my heart beating so fast when I see how dashing and beautiful Gulf is, standing in front of their house. I couldn't take my eyes off him even when I step outside. "Hey." Is all I say at what he looks, it's the first time I see him in these clothes though.

"Hey." Is all he answers either, "Should we get going now, P'? We'll be late." He said as he gets in the car while I'm still dumbfounded at his looks, but he gets out once again with a smile on his face. "Am I supposed to be the one to drive?" Gulf mockingly said as I shook my head and chuckled before getting on the driver's seat.

The drive is unlikely quiet, "P', are you okay? You've been in dazed since the time you see me." Gulf started. "Umm... I'm fine, it-it's just you look so good." I compliment shyly, making him smile at my statement. "Thanks, even though it's not a date, I just want to look good for once, I don't want to embarrass you." Gulf said making me frown at what he said.

"What? Embarrass me?" I muttered but he seems to hear it when I see him nodding slowly. I feel quite unsatisfied with that in no reason, so I stop the car nearby which is why Gulf looks confuse as we both look at each other.

"Don't underestimate yourself. A lot of girls like you but you chose me, and I chose you as well, you're handsome. You never embarrass me, remember that." I said sincerely as he nods and smile at me and I caress his cheek and lean closer to him to kiss his forehead, before driving again.

GULF'S POV
When P'Mew said those things about me, I can't help but to feel proud that I like this kind of guy. When we're already in the restaurant, all of them are already here as they shout when they see us entering the restaurant. "Now, we're complete, aren't we?" Pavel asks but instead a laugh from all of us is what he received.

"It's my treat today, so eat all you can!" Bright exclaimed as we raise our glasses, "Cheers!" Before eating dinner. The food is extremely delicious, P'Mew might be a picky eater but now, he just keeps eating. I stare at this gorgeous sight until Mild stands up while looking at the entrance, so we all look at the door, appearing a handsome man in a formal suit smiling at us.

"P'Boat!" Mild called with a huge smile on his face, I guess that's his boyfriend. "I thought you won't—" Mild wasn't able to finish when P'Boat closed the gap between their lips making all of us gasp. Mild is as red as a tomato and we all chuckled at the sight. Now, that's brave.

"I'm sorry, guys, this is P'Boat, my boyfriend." Mild shyly introduced after what happened as P'Boat smile before proceeding to seat next to Mild. We eat and chat when Bright suddenly stands up, "Excuse me for a moment." And answer a phone call outside the restaurant.

After a few minutes, Bright came back but we all tensed when we saw the look on his face. He looks frustrated and in bad mood when he seats next to Win. "P', is there something wrong?" Bright fake a smile and ruffled Win's hair. "It's nothing." He answers but obviously it's not true. I wonder what happened?

Everyone has this worried look on their faces including me, I never thought such a phone call could change his mood unless it really is something to be mad about.

BRIGHT'S POV
I was about to answer the phone call by the table, but I decided not to when I saw the name of the caller, which is why I excuse myself, get outside and answer it.

"Hello?"
"Bright? Where are you?"
"You don't have to know, I'm busy. What do you want?"
"Busy? On what exactly?"
"Art, get straight to it already."
"Can we meet up? I want to talk to you."
"Why? About what?"
"P'Mew, is he with you?"
"Yes, so?"
"Can I join you guys?"
"(silence)... No."

I ended the call without saying goodbye, I felt so frustrated. I care so much about Mew and I'm sure that he's still not over on what happened before, and it's not the right time now.

I know everybody thinks that I'm mad at something, and I can't blame them because it's true. There's a sudden silence among us but I dare not to speak about who called me earlier, but I don't want this night to be ruined because of a single phone call by the one who hurts Mew the most.

"Look, guys, I'm—" My eyes widen at the sight before me, it is glued towards the entrance. "Shit." I muttered, and that's the time everybody looks at the direction where I'm looking and I could tell that some of them are confuse while some are shocked as well at the view... Art standing in the door.

"Art? What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed scaring the others, then I look at Mew, he looks extremely uncomfortable as he stiffens at this seat and there's Gulf knowing the situation already, noticing Mew. "I said I would like to join you." Art answer shamelessly making me huffed and stand from my seat.