Chapter 21 - "Reason"

ART'S POV
I should've known before that lying isn't the best way for me to handle it. I felt so guilty doing all those things to P'Mew, but I can't think of anything to do before because I'm being threatened.

~FLASHBACK~ (2 YEARS AGO)
After a few weeks of dating Mew, Art finally agreed to be his boyfriend. But everything falls apart when Art's parents approach him and talk to him privately about his relationship with Mew. "Art, how's your relationship with Mew?" His mother asks and Art couldn't tell if there's something wrong.

"It's going fine, Mom. We're already boyfriends." Art noticed the change in his parents' face. "You should break up already." His father said and Art's eyes widen. "But—" "No buts, young man, you're getting married, that's why." His father insisted before going out of Art's room making Art truly dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, son, to tell you this so late, but you must because it's for our business." His mom said before following his husband.

Art's mind was about to burst, thinking what he should do. Art knows better than anyone else how hard-headed his parents could be if Art would go against their decision. But at the same time, he also didn't want to hurt his current boyfriend because of his situation.

So, although it hurts, he must decide and that is to agree to his parents' terms about the arrange marriage. Which is why, he tries to get close to his future husband without breaking up with Mew, but he never thought that it'll hurt Mew the most because of that damn phone call.

And to make it worst, he intended to hurt Mew that time because he has no other choice but to keep Mew away from him to get over him and move on to what he choose to do. Art struggles as well but he knows very well that Mew suffers the most, and he'll be forever guilty and regretful of what he did.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

I know that it won't be easy for P'Mew to forgive me after all the things I've done, but before I go back to Canada, I'll make sure to make things up with P'Mew or else my life won't be normal anymore.

BRIGHT'S POV
I don't know what to do when I receive a phone call from auntie, Art's mother rather, but Art must've lost his mind, husband? He's still so young, I better call him so we can talk.

"Hello, Bright?"
"Art, where are you now?"
"I'm at Starbucks near your university, why?"
"Do you have someone with you?"
"No, I'm alone."
"Okay, wait for me there. It's close, I need to talk to you."
"(hesitant) Okay, see you."

I rushed quickly to Starbucks because I want to clear something. I waste no time and seat across Art who is quite surprised. "What the hell?!" I exclaimed and he frowns. "What's your problem, Bright? If that's about—" I don't know how I should approach the topic, but curiosity is killing me.

"It's about you, having a husband." Art's eyes widen and I guess it's true. "Is it true? Your mother calls me last night looking for you, and if you're with your husband." I explained calmly as he sighs and look at me. "It is, we've been married for a year now."

"What?!" He doesn't know how to explain it and I know that it is hard, but it just makes me so frustrated. Like, what is his purpose of coming back? I know that he lives in Canada for a while now, but this marriage thing is new for me. "How come I don't know about this?" He leaned to me closer.

"It's for business, my parents don't like P'Mew for me, so they arrange someone for me to marry and that's also why, I did that to P'Mew." Art explain in guilt and quietly. Now, I pity him but not as much as Mew though.

"You're telling me that because of that damn arrange marriage, you cheated to Mew? Is that it?!" I said angrily and there's tears forming in his eyes.

I got even more confuse. "I don't cheat with P'Mew, it's all a plan to make it look that way, for him to move on from me because I don't want him to be hurt." Hurt? Is he crazy? "You don't want him to get hurt? Then, what do you call the thing you have done? Is it good for him? He's freaking hurt, so much!"

"I know, but it's better that way than him knowing that I'm about to get married." He said and I can't argue with him anymore. "Fine, if you say so, why did you come back?" I ask more calm this time.

"I come back to make things up with P'Mew, I still love him actually. But I could see how attached he is with that Gulf, so I just want to say sorry to him." I could feel that he's being sincere and concerned, so I guess this could be it.

"Are you sure? You know very well that you just leave an awfully bad impression the last time he saw you." I said honestly as he nodded, "I know, but I won't give up nor come back, not until he forgives me." He looks determined, so I decided to help him.

"Will you tell him the truth then?" There's the answer, he nodded so I lean comfortably in my seat and watch him sip in his drink. "Look, everything would be okay, I know that Mew would be able to understand you." I comforted him, as he smiles at me.

"I'm telling you, Art. Tell him the truth and don't you dare make Mew and Gulf get separated. I'm helping you here, make it worth it." I said and he nervously nodded while I stand up and order a drink for myself, while he's still sitting there quietly.

After I ordered a drink for me, I approach Art once again on his table, "Hey, I'll be leaving now. Goodluck." I said as I leave Starbucks, with Art thinking deeply how to settle things with Mew.

I knew that both are kindhearted, it's just circumstances turned the two of them this way, unfortunately. But maybe this could be a great start for them and that's what I'm anticipating to happened.

Unexpectedly in Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें