Chapter 6 - "Gulf's Plan"

BRIGHT'S POV
I also didn't attend my first period as I wait outside for Gulf, I've made up my mind, I'm going to clear things with Mew. Unexpectedly, I noticed that Gulf is the first one who leaves my mother's office and that leaves me confuse as hell. "Bright, you don't attend first period?" Gulf asks as he approaches me then I shook my head no. "Yup, I actually wanted to talk to you, do you have time?" I ask awkwardly as he nodded and smile.

We somehow happened to be in the cafeteria, and only few are present for it is not yet breaktime, "Now, what?" Gulf asks when we sit. "I realized just now, I think I lost myself when I lost my best friend, that is Mew. Thank you, by the way, for throwing those words to me earlier, it helps me think." I thankfully confessed as he smiles widely at me and grabs my shoulder softly.

"You're welcome, buddy. So, what's your plan? Need my help?" He said reading my mind about wanting his help. "Yes, I would like to start with Mew again, but I don't know how." I said as he also thinks carefully before slamming the table as I flinch a bit and looks at him questioningly.

"Trust me this time, Bud. Just go with the flow, okay?!" He shouted, while laughing, leaving me dumfounded at what he's trying to convey, but before I even protest, he cuts me off with a smirk, "Don't ask, you'll see." As he went off and I follow him for we are in the same class for my second period.

MEW'S POV
After the emotional session I had with Bright's mom in her office, I bid goodbye with a light heart and decided to set things right this time, all this time, Bright believed that I didn't do it, he just waits for me to explain things thoroughly. I have this happy feeling inside me since then, attending classes hadn't been this great for me.

As my third period ends this morning, I happened to bump into Gulf as we smile to each other, we don't feel awkward anymore because the rumors are eliminated now because Mrs. Vachirawit make an announcement during her vacant time and that's when people stop being suspicious of us.

"P', want to join me for lunch?" Gulf ask and I nodded immediately as an agreement so we go to the cafeteria together feeling comfortable now but there's someone I can't stop thinking of, Bright. I still don't know how I should make up with him, but I shrugged it off for now since I still have a lot of time to think about that. My thoughts flew off when Gulf tap my shoulder.

I look at him then at the table, speaking of the devil, my eyes widen as I see Bright eating in the table we just stop at, then my tumbler falls from my hands making him look up as well, looking surprise as I am.

GULF'S POV
Yup, this is part of my plan, to make them eat together at one table, again. I witness their reactions, looking so surprise at the presence of each other so I coughed while trying my best not to laugh at their faces making them snap out of it. Mew looks at me while smiling weirdly, not feeling comfortable obviously. I went to buy my food and P'Mew follow me to buy his food also.

To be exact, I asked Mild and Pavel to make Bright joined them for lunch while I ask P'Mew to eat with me, but the thing is, the five of us are now the one who is eating here quietly and no one talks. "What's with this atmosphere?" Mild said laughing half-heartedly as he looks at P'Mew and Bright who is now facing each other, avoiding each other's gaze, can't even eat properly.

After some time, it is still quiet, but the people around us keeps on whispering because they never thought that P'Mew would be eating here with us today.

Suddenly, Bright choked on his food because he is eating too fast but when I'm just about to hand him his water, P'Mew already gave his, as Bright took it instantly because he's out of breath right now. When that happened, the three of us can't help but smile at what happened, it's going great, just as I planned.

"Are you okay? More water?" P'Mew ask worriedly for Bright is looking so pale, that's when I realized how good P'Mew is. "I'm fine, Mew." Bright said as he is slowly coming back to being normal looking, I say.

"Are you uncomfortable because I'm here?" P'Mew ask as Bright doesn't replied that makes P'Mew stand, "I'll just eat somewhere else." P'Mew says as he smiles at me but before he is about to leave, Bright speaks. "Don't leave, finish your food first, we'll head off together." Bright said making me smile so widely as P'Mew sits again and eat his food while smiling at Bright and vice versa. Now, this is what I'm talking about.

MEW'S POV
I had never thought that I'll be able to sit and eat together with Bright again, which makes me happy even more. My lunch today is the most special, we even talk comfortably now even though sometimes it is off the hook but for me, it's fine. I just wish it is like this all the time.

Before I even go home today, the four of them appeared in front of the gate. "P'Mew!" Gulf called me as I approach them, and they're looking all suspicious. "What's with that look?" I ask but they just laugh, and I felt my heart jump to joy when I see Bright laughing happily again.

"Would you like to have dinner at my house, Mew?" Bright ask with a smile making me so shocked but happy at the same time, but because of my excitement, I nodded quickly and hug Bright tightly. "Thank you so much." I whisper in his ear as he hugs me back tightly. "Now, let's go, do you bring your car?" He asks me like the old days, how much I miss him.

With that, we all proceed at my car as I drive towards Bright's house, feeling like everything is so unrealistic. We laugh and chat like there's no tomorrow, as he is beside me while I'm driving. The Bright I used to know come back.

When silence filled the air, "I'm sorry." Bright and I said in unison as we both just laugh together with the three at the back. "No, really, I'm sorry, for being such an asshole, for everything." Bright said sincerely as I accept his apology instantly.

Suddenly, my eyes fell into someone from the mirror, I could see Gulf sleeping at the back, with his head on the glass. "Don't look there, we could be in an accident." Bright smirks teasingly as he caught me looking and I just chuckled at his behavior. We had dinner at his place, and everything goes along by then and we even tell them about our past before all this happened.