Part 9

Jimin’s POV

"I'm going to the store," Namjoon announced, as he got up from sitting on the floor, after doing his assignment at the living room.

I had known that Namjoon had been casually stopping by the house after school after I moved in. He did this once in a while when he missed Taehyung's cooking, and I didn't mind having another person in the house at all. It was livelier anyways.

"For what?" Taehyung asked, looking up to his tall brother who was searching for his wallet in his pockets.

"I need snacks and ice cream," Namjoon told, now searching for his phone.

"Buy a lot then. Jimin, can you go with Joon hyung? I still need to cook our dinner for us three," Taehyung had also got up from his seat, and I didn't miss his wink and boxy grin as he faced away from his step brother.

Gosh, this boy.

Taehyung was still stuck on wanting to pair me up with his brother although I had declined it many times before. However, I knew that Taehyung didn't have any bad intention and just wanted me and his brother to be closer, so I just let him do what he wanted with open heart.

"Sure, I can help carry things home," noticing that Namjoon was looking at me, waiting for my answer, I just smiled and got up from the table that was full with our papers and laptops.

"No, let him carry everything. Namjoon hyung just need a babysitter to make sure he didn't break anything in the store," the younger brother give a pointed look to his older brother, knowing well how bad it could be to make Namjoon visit a convenience store on his own.

"Yeah, Tae got a point there" agreeing with his brother easily, I laughed at Namjoon's honesty.

We walked to the store which is only a few blocks away from the house after he found his phone with Taehyung's help. He told Namjoon that his phone was inside his jacket, which he had hung it up at the coat hanger.

"Sorry about Taehyung. He's trying to match us up, isn't he?" Namjoon said as we left the main gate.

"You know?" I widened my eyes a little at his apology, didn't expect the tall male to notice it.

"He's been doing that to me for so long but still fail. Now that he's pulling you into his games, I think he secretly dreams to be a matchmaker cupid," Namjoon joked, which brought a laugh to both of us.

"It's fine. Tae had been really helpful in cheering me up when I was sad," I slipped my hands into my jacket, as the cold night air brushed through.

"About that, Tae did told me about your story" he confessed, and my ears perked up at the confession.

"About my break up?" I asked back, not really bothered that he knew.

"Yeah. Because I was too curious why you cried in the library the first time we met. Sorry if you're not comfortable at me knowing that," Namjoon apologized, feeling guilty about knowing my back story without my permission.

"Nah, I'm getting better in going through this break up only thanks to Taehyung and you, actually. It's okay for you to know," I disregarded the apology, since there's nothing to apologize for.

"What if I'm interested in you, Jimin?" Namjoon questioned out of the blue.

"Huh?"

"I mean, you're cute and kind like an angel, you know? And I heard from Tae that you like my dimples. Do you want to try dating me?" he smiled, suggesting the idea freely.

"But I'll be using you and you don't deserve that, Joon hyung" I declined immediately, not wanting to hurt the kind soul.

"I don't really mind," he shrugged his shoulder, and I stopped my track.

"No, hyung. I can talk like this because I know. It really hurts when you started liking someone and the person has other person in his eyes and mind instead. I don't want to make you feel what I feel, even though the possibility for you to fell for me was close to zero," I frowned, hoping that he'd never suggest things like that so easily next time. Namjoon let out a sigh and smiled again, nodding at my rejection.

"Well, alright. But if you need someone to protect you from that Jungkook guy, you know that I can kick butts without even having to make an effort to do it," he winked and brought his thumbs up beside his face, posing like a cringey poster for tuition school advertisements.