Part 12

Jungkook's POV

Sigh.

Plopping my body on the bed being shirtless and hair still wet from the shower, I realized that Jimin was gone.

His belongings were already properly organized at his area, and I stared into the ceiling of the hotel room that we shared.

What would happen between me and him throughout this whole week?

Were we going to talk to each other at all?

It's been months though.

And while Jimin looked better now, I feel like I'm feeling more miserable as my day passed by without Jimin in it. To be honest, I was glad that we were placed in the same room, since it's the only way Jimin would be so close to me.

I finally felt close to home.

Closing my eyes, I let the past memories played through my head.

The day the girl first intrigued me.

The day I started giving excuses to Jimin to meet the girl instead.

The day I forgot our anniversary due to my lack of attention to Jimin

The day I cheated.

The day I discovered Jimin’s letter, which was the same day I found our house's sudden lost of Jimin’s presence.

The day Jimin ran away from me to some stranger in the library when I tried to approach him and talk.

The day everything started to feel wrong and how I was snapped to my right mind at how stupid I was.

The day I broke it off with the girl, which was the day right after we submitted our last assignment.

The girl.

We first met when she took a seat by my side and we were paired up for a project.

I felt attracted to her when I found out that we shared so many interests like photography, sports, gaming, superheroes and more. I could talk with her for hours discussing about those things that I could never experienced when I was with Jimin.

And everything started to go sideways the day we spent the night at her house for a project. She made the first move, but the next day I woke up by her side, I thought that I had found another spark that was brighter than the one with Jimin.

It was foolish of me to think so, because just like the fireworks blasting off in summer festival, they sparked so brightly for a few minutes before they died down, only to leave smokes that hurts our eyes and smells that stung our nose as soon as the show ended.

The pooled tears in my eyes finally spilled and I covered my eyes with my arm, feeling crushed and crumbled at the thought of my stupidity that caused me the loss of Jimin from my life.

--

Shoot, what time is it?!

Realizing that I had accidentally fell asleep after crying earlier, I breathed out in relieved at the absence of Jimin in the room.

Taking the phone to look at the time, I had about one hour left before the opening of the camp start.

I didn't want him to see me crying myself to sleep.

It's not that I wanted to pretend being strong and okay in front of him, it's just that I'd be too cruel if I showed Jimin my real state in front of him.

Getting up to the bathroom to wash my face, I was glad that my eyes were not so puffy.

The Jimin I knew was a very soft hearted person. If he saw me crying, he'd knew instantly that there's something wrong with me.

And he'd get worried.

Even how bad I wronged him in the past, he was just too kind to ignore the hurt on my face he'd see.

Thus, the most I could do now was to put a strong facade. Even though I was breaking into pieces from the inside.

I had to pretend being strong.

In order to not make the boy worry and felt obligated to look after me, just because it's in his nature to tend after someone who's in pain.

Quickly getting ready for the camp, I took my bag and got out the room before Jimin came back. I didn't want him to feel suffocated being in the same room as I was.

I'd love to be close to him, but it would be too much for me to ask though, after what I had made the boy went through. Ignoring the headache I felt and the heavy breaths I started to notice I took, I forced myself to walk away from the room.