Wounded

This oneshot series has its own book now! The book is titled Wounded!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Reader's POV~

I hum softly as I cleaned the bar. It was just a normal day on my very calm planet.. until he came. His dinged up ship landing a few minutes away from the settlement. I raise a brow and look at the bar owner, seeing her walk towards the entrance, watching as the armored man walked in.

“How may I help you sir?” She asks, smoothing out her apron as he sat a child in the seat across from him.

“Some soup for the little one please.” He says.

“Alrighty… anything else sir? Perhaps a nice leg of meat for yourself?”

“No, thank you, just the soup please.” He says, sliding some coins across the table.

“O-oh… thank you sir. I’ll throw in a glass of Meiloorun Juice for good measure.” She says, walking back to me. She gives me a look and I start mixing the juice cocktail. I pour it into a glass with some ice and slide it over to her. She takes it and the bowl of soup, walking to the table gracefully. This is why I was stuck behind the bar… every time I tried serving, I ended up falling and breaking something.

“Here’s the soup and Meiloorun Juice for ya.”

“Thank you.” He says, his modulated voice sounding rather tired. The owner nods and walks back to me. 

“Watch the bar for a second. I’m gonna go have a smoke.” She says. Again with the spice… I roll my eyes and watch her leave, then going to the armored man.

“Excuse me, sir? Sorry if I’m bothering you… but, if you need a place to settle down for a bit, there’s a quaint little inn just a little bit away from here. I can show you after my shift.” I whisper shyly, my almost unnaturally bright (e/c) eyes pointed at the ground.

“I would appreciate that… Thank you.” He says, his beskar helmet reflecting the light as he looked up at me. I bow slightly and quickly walk back to the bar. I sigh and start washing glasses, watching the Mandalorian from behind the bar, seeing how he interacted with the kid. All until his helmet thunked against the table, his whole body limp. I rushed to him, catching the man before his body hit the floor. The little green being watched me closely, cooing softly.

The owner rushed over to me and kneeled down next to me.

“Ma’am… may I take the rest of my shift off? I need to care for this man.” I whisper.

“You were off in thirty minutes anyways. Take good care of him and don’t forget the child.” She says. I nod and pick up the man with ease, motioning for the child to follow me. The little green being hops down from his seat and trotted after me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few moments, we arrived at my little house and I kicked the door open after unlocking it. I rushed to the couch and set the Mandalorian down. I rush to my kitchen and grab a wet rag and my medkit’s scanner. I rush back over to the Mandalorian and scan him. He had a high fever and an infected wound on his arm.

I needed to remove his helmet… but if I see his face, he can’t put it back on. I think for a bit then run to grab a bandana, tying it over my eyes. I walked back out, knowing the path like the back of my hand. I knelt down next to the couch and feel for the Mandalorian’s helmet, removing it slowly, as to not disturb him. I place the rag over his forehead and remove his bracer on his right side, feeling gently for the wound with one hand while the other felt around in the medkit for the bacta spray.

I found the wound and uncapped the bacta spray, feeling for the nozzle before pointing it and spraying it over the wound generously. I then got up and went to prepare dinner, pulling my blindfold down so I could see, careful not to look into the living area.

After about an hour, I heard soft grunts coming from the living room. I quickly put my blindfold on and went to help him.

“M-my helmet…” He whispers.

“Needs to stay off. You’re still running a fever. I applied bacta spray to your wound… It should be healed now.” I whisper.

“It is.”

“Good. Now, one moment.”I whisper, putting my palm against his forehead.

“You’re still burning up. I made soup. My scanner detected a small space cold… Glad you decided to pass out where you did… otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to help you.” I whisper, getting up and taking his rag to the kitchen to re-cool it down and grab a bowl of soup for him and the child.

“I understood the consequences of me seeing your face… so I put the blindfold on.” I whispered when I arrived back in the living room.

“I appreciate it…” He says. I help him sit up and hand him the soup, placing the wet cloth on the nape of his neck.

“If you needed medical attention, you should’ve just said so. I used to be a nurse when the rebellion was alive.” I whisper.

“That would explain a lot.” He whispers. I nod and hand the child his soup.

“Eat up. It’s my world-renowned recipe.” I say softly.

“Thank you.” The Mandalorian says, starting to eat. I stand and go clean up the dishes from dinner.

“The cold should go away in about two days. Until then, you can stay here. It’s one of the safest places… seeing as an ex-rebel lives here.” I say.

“Thank you.” He whispers.

“You are most welcome. I’m honored to house a Mandalorian.” I whisper, walking back to the living area.

“You can sleep in the bedroom, it’s the most shielded from prying eyes.” I say, sitting in my chair. 

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” 

“Now, what are you running from?”

“Imps.” He says.

“Ah… then yes, this is the best planet to lay low for a bit.” I whisper.

“It’s a lovely little planet.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He whispers. I then hear the child coo and feel a pressure on my lap as the little green being climbed into my lap. I pat its head and smile softly.

“Why are the imps chasing you?”

“They want the child.” The Mandalorian sighs.

“They’ll never find him here..” I whisper.

“If you’re tired you can go to the bedroom. I’ll show you the way.” I whisper, standing up. I hear the Mandalorian stand up and lead him to the bedroom.

“Here. Rest up for a couple days and you’re welcome to stay as long as you want after that.” I whisper.

“Thank you miss…”

“(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N).”

“Thank you miss (L/N).”

“Please call me (Y/N).” 

“Very well, thank you (Y/N).”

“You’re welcome. Now, rest. I’ll probably be at work when you wake up tomorrow. The food in the cold box is all yours, just don’t eat all of it. I don’t get paid until next week.” I joke softly.

“Thank you… good night (Y/N).”

“Good night Mando.” I whisper, walking back to the living area and sitting down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the first part to my Mando x Reader oneshots. This one shot series (the Wounded series) has been moved to a book! Don't be alarmed if the one-shot start to disappear

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy