Chapter 1

I sing to the dawn.

A lot of people may see the sun rising as an opportunity to grind another mile, or to trek another heights. But I see the dawn as another day of try-not-to-sleep challenge with my Mom and maybe I'm not happy with that.

"What makes you happy?"

That phrase teases my not-so-gorgeous brain for at least a day since I read it once in my friend's notebook.

Honestly, I do not know. I don't have the latest iPhone 11, Chanel shirts and accessories, Louis Vuitton bag. I only see those in ads flashing on TV and some shows of the Kardashians (just saw their KUWTK show in accident). I only have a loving mother, a hardworking father and a silly but cute little brother. I couldn't ask for more.

"Sally wake up! We'll gonna be late for Church."

Hearing her shouting my name makes me wanna do a tumbling stunt and pretend to get an ankle injury and just sleep for another 2 or 3 hours.

"Sally, go down here, you silly girl!" The sing along has started. I would answer her, "Coming! Wait a sec." Or "Be there in a minute, Mom. Why you gotta be so...ughh." Then roll my eyes and boom, "No excuses, honey."

I'm already awake that time. I just don't want to come out of my room.

I heard Mom knocking and calling me outside. I grabbed my jacket and followed her. I can feel the cold breeze caressing my sleepy cheeks and shutting my eyelids down. We are just 5 minutes away from church and then there's Mom acting like we're going to climb seven mountains and swim three oceans before getting there

That is how it ends- dragging my lazy feet to the damn cold stairs and go with her to the streets where the birds aren't even awake. (Yeah, not overreacting but I hate that morning.) And note that I'm going to do that for 8 straight days. *Hayst.

"Zombie mode for a week, really Mom? I'm so sleepy!" I complained which turned out to be a move I should've held at my head.