Oru chinna vibathu

Kathir was in the PS shop..

He was alone at the shop..

Kumaresan Maamaa had gone with Moorthy to the oil mill..Saravana had been left with strict instructions not to leave Kathir alone in the shop..

He understood their concern...but he was much better now..he did not need for them to cuddle him any more...but he also got why they needed to be that way with him...what he underwent was major...heartbreaking really...his anna and anni had been devastated...apologising to him...they had not understood him..had been quick to admonish him...but then on seeing his condition had been guilty..they had been in a bubble..and that little bubble had exploded in a moment with a deafening noise..

But he was alright now...but they were still scared to leave him alone..he knew why..

As he was thinking all this his maamaa's warning came to his mind..

K Maamaa : ele inga paaru sarakku adukkarthu naanga pannikkuvom...nee pannatha..unnoda velayaattu thanatha kaamicha therinjuthu naan pollathavan aayiduven paarthukko..

Moorthy : amaam da Kathiru...strain pannatha...dei Saravana naanga vara varaikkum ingaye iruda...engayum pogatha

Saravana : ahn seri nne..

Things went fine...it was afternoon time..the crowd at the shop was negligible...

All the crates that needed to be emptied beckoned him...he really was unable to resist...but he knew even Saravana would forget he was the boss and take off on him if he dared unpack..

So he stayed put...time was 4 pm

The landline to the shop rang...

It was a customer with an urgent order...

Kathir saw his chance and egged Saravana to leave..annavum maamaavum ippo vanthuduvaanga...nee po he said..

Saravana knew he was right...and also there was the anger...Kathir was an amiable guy for the most part..but he had been warned to not argue too much with him..so he silently left to see about the delivery..

And that is how it had come about that he was alone in the shop and extremely bored

He decided to go in mutiny and started doing what he loves the most...

Shop work...

He started arranging the items one by one..

At one stage all the racks were full and there were still 2 cartons to be emptied..as was norm he heaved them up and placed them on the top shelf one on top of the other...they just had a few things and were not too heavy as such

And as he turned he took a misstep and caught the rack for balance and the action caused his back to come in harsh contact with the shelf and the cartons he placed on top fell on his head..one hit after the other...if the first disoriented him..the next caused him to slip from the sealed sack on which he was now sitting and he landed with a thud on to the floor..

He sat this way for some time..but slowly got up rubbing his head...

He looked around for some time...rubbing his head where the cartons hit him..

And that is when he felt it...he prodded and pressed and at one place it hurt a little and he winced but nothing unbearable...

He stood inactive a few minutes but was soon excited...he retrieved the yellow bag where he had placed it..

He waited patiently for someone to come back to the shop so he could go meet her...

As if answering his prayers Saravana came shortly..

Saravana : anne kuduthyttenna.. nammaloda delivery speedla customer thikku mukkaadittaru...naan pona neramaa paarthu koottamaanne..he rattled off

And thats when the bag caught his eye...more importantly the key..

The yellow bag that had been kept aside...this could mean only one thing...

Kathir : naan itho varen Saravana.. Kadaiya konjam paarthukko..

Saravana knew where he was going...he knew this couldn't be good..but how could he stop him..what power did he have...each of them had been warned of this eventuality..but he now realised that nothing had prepared them for what needs to be done..

Saravana : anne anne ..thaniya vidaatheenga anne..kadaila aal vara time ne...5 mani aaguthu paarunga..

Kathir : ada Jeeva anna vara time da..periya annanum ippo vanthudum...naan itho vanthudaren..

Saravana : neenga porathu avanga vanthathum ponganne..

Kathir : dei un theramai unakke theriyale...nee samaalippa...enakku nambikkai irukku..

Saravana : anne please ne..pogatheenga anne..ahn vandila etho prachanai nne..

Kathir : dei ippo thaane da ottittu vantha..nalla thaane irunthuchu

Saravana : anne saavi kudunganne,,ithu en velai prachanai nne..

Kathir : dei ithu en vaazhkai prachanai da..naan varen

Saying this he walked out and drove away on his vehicle..

Saravana knew he was doomed..

He stood wringing his hands wondering what to do...

Kathir for his part drove feeling apprehensive...enna paarthathum vanthuduva ille Mullai...vara maattennu solla maate ille...vanthudu dee..namma prachanaiya pesi theerthukkalaam..he was worrying all the way to her house.

But when he reached her house

Kathir : Athai

Parvathy : vaanga thambi,,she seemed shocked to see him there

Kathir : ahn..eppudi irukkeenga..moottu vali eppudi irukku..

Parvathy looked stunned...a tad confused also..

Parvathy : parava ille thambi..she said searching his face..

Kathir : athu Mullaiya paarkalaamnu..

Parvathy : Mullai inga eppudi...

Kathir : oh anga veettukku poittaala..maama annan kitta pesinaaru..annan koottiyaara sollliducho..onnum ille naan anga poi paarthukkaren..naan varen athai..

Parvathy : eppudi vantheenga

Kathir : vandila thaan..

Parvathy : thaniyaavaa vantheenga

Kathir : ahn amaam..yen

Parvathy looked baffled and lost and that is when she saw what he was holding.. and then it all made sense...it was the same yellow bag...

She looked at him with a face full of understanding

Parvathy: thambi ukkarunga,,tea kudinga..avuha vanthathum..avuha ungala auto la koottitttu povaaha..

Kathir couldnt understand...even Saravana had said something like this...

Kathir : ille athai Mullaiya paarthu naalu naalaachu..innikku avalukku porantha naal vera..naan veettukku poren athai..

And before she could stop him he was gone

Parvathy stood tears pouring down her face...she felt guilty..how did she ever think badly of this guy...she realised that she had been blessed with a son in the form of a son in law..what she had mishandled as a mere piece of coal had actually turned out to be a diamond in the rough..

It was only when she saw Murugan walking down the street did she feel a little relieved..