T•H•R•E•E

Keith's POV

I walked into the dining hall. I don't know what I expected or why I was even heading there. All I knew was that that's where I was going.

As expected, the others were there. All of them. They had been eating and chatting amongst themselves, but their attention quickly made its way to me. I felt my heart sink as their previously friendly expressions shifted to anger and fear. Even though I don't know what I was thinking, facing them without being ordered to, I instantly regretted it. All of them stood up. The paladins summoned their bayards. Shiro activated his arm. The dinner table disappeared, removing the obstacle from the room.

"Galra!" Pidge yelled.

"How did it make it's way into the castle of Lions?" Allura questioned.

"Who cares!" Lance exclaimed, aiming his gun at me.

I put my hands up, trembling uncontrollably. "It's me! Keith...!" I yelled.

"Yeah, right, Galra scum!" Shiro yelled. He ran towards me, but all I could focus on was his glowing right hand. He slashed at my chest, but I stumbled backwards, avoiding blood shed.

"Shiro, you said you'd never give up on me...!" I yelled, tears threatening to fall.

He stood up-right and looked at me. His glare physically hurt me. It shot me right through the heart, causing me to step back in sorrow. "I said I'd never give up on Keith. Keith is dead to me." He coldly said.

He thrusted his Galra arm through my chest. I felt all of it. I heard myself cracking. I looked down at his arm that was now piercing my heart, and that's when I saw my own arm. Purple. Purple like a Galra's. Cracks were appearing on my skin the longer Shiro was killing me. And then, finally...

I shattered.

"NOOOO!" I exclaimed as I sprang awake from the floor of my room.

My heart was racing and I was soaked in sweat. I quickly took a couple deep breaths to try and calm myself, but I just ended up cowering in fear on the messy floor of my room. I closed my eyes, trying to just breathe, but it's like I forgot how. It felt Like I was gasping for breath for hours. Until, finally, it stopped.

That's when I heard an all too familiar laugh from the side of my room.

I froze, shaking uncontrollably at the thought of seeing him again, so I just stared down at the floor, watching my sweat stain the floor.

"I love watching you freak out like that. Not like I have a choice, though. You are my only form of entertainment, after all." That sickening voice said.

I slowly turned my head to see him. Me. My demon. He was glaring over me with amused glowing red eyes and was grinning from ear to ear. Just the sight of him made me nauseous. I was too shaken up to move our really even speak to him, so he continued his monologue.

"You know what would help you out with your nightmares? Killing the subjects. I mean, if their making you suffer for being a monster, then be a monster. It's that simple. Listen to me, Keith. I am part of you, after all. Part of you thinks that murder is a good idea. So, just listen to that side of you and then you'll either die by the paladins hands or live a better life. C'mon, it's not that hard. Just give in." He said.

My head began to split open. His voice seemed to have that effect. I grabbed my head and looked down. He got on his knees and his cold finger picked up my chin, forcing me to look at him. I hated looking into his eyes. It's like it put me under some kind of spell. A spell of complete anger and hated towards Voltron.

"You hate them. They are treating you like nothing for only being Galra. All you have to do is KILL them. That will solve everything." He said, words echoing in my head.

If I kill them...I can be happy...if I kill them I can be happy...if I kill them...I can be happy...?

If I can kill my friends...my friends...?

"They aren't your friends!" The demon argued.

I shakily got to my feet and wiped my tears. "I need Shiro...he can help me...he can get rid of you..." I said, truly believing it.

The demon laughed again, which really made my head pound. It was so sudden, I fell to my knees. But, I quickly got up. As I did, the room began to spin. Unable to stand anymore, I dropped to the side, hitting my head on the nightstand. I fell unconscious.

When I woke up, I groggily looked around the room. My vision was hazy and I just couldn't focus on anything in my room. I slowly used my night stand to pull myself up to my feet, but that only made me fall back on my bottom. I had the absolute worst headache. I had completely forgotten how I even got into that situation or what I was trying to do.

So, I crawled into bed and proceeded to fall asleep.