E:L:E:V:E:N

3rd Person POV

After analyzing his memories, the mental health specialists had come to a conclusion of everything that was wrong with Keith and they were completely appalled.

The nurse that was in the room during the therapy session called down the paladins that same day. At the time, Pidge and Lance were the ones in the waiting room, so they called down Hunk and Allura. Even Shiro, but he didn't show up, to everyone's dismay. She showed them to a separate room, where a holographic screen was in the center of the room. They took their seats in front of it, while two other doctors were in the room. In the back of the room, though, was a bed.  Lance walked past everything, focused on that bed and who lied on it.

It was him. Keith.

Lance hadn't seen him since he took him there, so he gravitated towards him. Keith was peacefully asleep on the hospital bed, with electrodes connected to his head  and to a machine. Even though Keith was asleep, he still seemed like he hadn't slept in days. There were dark bags under his eyes, and he just looked extra skinny in the hospital gown he was wearing.

"He's fine. I would like to give you our diagnosis, mentally. Physically he is mostly healthy, with the exception of his weight, but we can give you medication to deal with that aspect." The nurse said.

Lance continued to look over Keith as s he spoke.

"W...what did you find...?" He nervously asked.

"Well, after analyzing his symptoms, behavior, and memories, we've concluded that for the past few phoebs, he has been enduring a continual psychotic episode." She explained.

"What does that mean exactly?" Pidge asked.

"Well, to fully explain in a way that you will understand, we have prepared a slide show of Keith's memories. The machine retrieved what Keith saw and his view on things," she clicked a button on a remote, as Lance took a seat in front of the screen. There, he saw a still photo of team Voltron, sitting on the couch and laughing about something Lance had said.

"This was a joyfully memory before the event of you all finding out he is half Galra." She explained.

"Yeah, I remember...what does this have to do with Keith?" Lance asked, really not wanting to dance around the issue.

"Well, I simply want to explain the damage that this event and your reactions has created, because this," she clicked another button and it showed something. Everyone but Keith, staring at the camera with complete and utter disgust. For some reason, the image was way darker than the other one, despite the fact the lighting in the background seemed to be the same. "This is what he saw afterwards. You may not remember this happening or ever giving him this look, but that is what he remembers. This is only the surface of what he had going on inside his head."

They looked at the side in complete disbelief. They couldn't believe that Keith saw that when he looked at them. Although they may have been distrusting of him, they never in a million years wanted to make him feel like they hated him.

"So...so, we...we forced him into a...kind of...psychosis...?" Pidge asked, adjusting her glasses.

"I do not solely blame you. This is where the red paladin's past becomes a major factor," she clicks the button and a new slide pops up. It's of 2 large silhouettes, a man and a woman, and a small child that looked blurrier than the other two. "The father we done into his memories, the less distinguishable it becomes. That is, unless it is a traumatic memory. Because the memory is too...graphic...to share, I will explain. These are his foster parents, the McShaws. The mother was extremely religious. She verbally and physically abused him up until he was 10 years old. She would burn him, hit him, drown him, and go everything she could to make him feel like a worthless demon. The father sexually abused him. After the black paladin saved him from the abuse, though, he began to show symptoms of severe PTSD, but it went untreated, causing Keith to completely repress the memories of his past. Although it was an unhealthy way to deal with it, it made him who he was when you met him...but, after all the stress on his mind, his repressed memories began to...form in other ways..." She explained.