S-I-X-T-E-E-N

Lance's POV

So, we ended up doing what we planned. Once Keith had taken his medicine, he would just kinda do whatever we said without a word. I didn't like it, but the nurse said the effects should wear off in a couple days. She also gave us a couple of those injections in case he ever had a really bad episode.

We all helped Keith into the castle. There was just this tired expression on his face that was kinda painful to watch and he was pretty clingy to me. Hunk went to make some food for all of us to celebrate Keith's return, and Pidge went with him, winking at me. She knows and I hate it.

When we got to Keith's room, we stopped. We had planned on things going back to normal, with Keith sleeping in his own room, but we didn't really think too deep into it. It only really hit me when Keith began to tremble and clutched my arm. I looked at him and leaned into his ear.

"Do you want to stay in my room?" I asked. I was only slightly blushing, because I had to convince myself I was only asking because he was scared.

He glanced at me for a moment before whispering, "yes." So, we walked a little further until we got to my room, just next door. I opened the door and let him inside. My room was way different than his. On the wall was a shakira poster, next to that were shelves lined with cosmetics, on the wall by my bed was a poster with a bunch of alien babes I found at the space mall, a poster of Beonce next to the door, and I suddenly felt extremely embarrassed. Shit. Keith will never know I love him with all these hot women on my walls...

Before he enters, I start to hurriedly take down all the posters. Nothing will ruin my chances!

After I put them all under my bed, I look back towards him. He's still standing at the door. His expression never changed. I guess this is what she meant by "water down his personality". I sighed, wishing he'd make fun of me.

"Alright, Keith. Do you want to rest in here until food's ready or do you want to hang out with everyone in the lounge area?" I asked.

He looked down for a moment. Then he walked inside and crawled onto the bed. "Sleep." He said. I smiled at him. "Alright. Want me to stay?" I asked. Leaving him tended to give me separation anxiety, even despite the fact we'd both still be in the castle. I don't even know how I'm going to go on missions...

Keith didn't answer. He just pulled the covers over him, laid his head down on the pillow, and fell asleep. I walked over just to make sure he was okay. He fell asleep pretty fast. I made sure he was comfy by adjusting the covers and moving his bangs out of his face. I couldn't help my eyes straying from his peaceful sleep towards his neck. That scar would haunt me until the day I die. Now that I'm back in my room, I can't help remembering that day. How he did that to himself just next door and I just happened to see him just in time.

I sigh and shake my head, trying to make myself forget. I then head towards the kitchen, where the others are.

Pidge and Hunk were there. Pidge was on her laptop while Hunk was mixing some ingredients in a bowl. "Hey, Lance, how's Keith holding up?" Hunk asked.

"He fell asleep in my room. The medicine the doctor gave him is really effecting him, but at least he isn't seeing things. God, he was actually making progress before Shiro decided to show up, break his fucking arm, and cause even more emotional trauma..." I vented.

"Yeah, I still can't believe Shiro would do that..." Hunk said somberly.

"I can't either...but, it happened. Allura sent out a wanted message for Shiro to the coalition...he's officially a universal criminal..." Pidge explained.

We all looked down, silently contemplating on how everything these past few months have changed.

Keith's POV (after their conversation had ended)