T$E$N$

{This chapter will be Keith talking with an alien psychologist. It will be in an omniscient POV, and it'll be in a chat-like format, because of how it'll be mostly dialogue. This takes place 2 days after Lance gave the nurse permission. The psychologist does not know anything about Keith, so they haven't viewed his memories yet.}

Keith had spent a lot of his time in the hospital sleeping. They had been working on getting his weight to a healthy number, but he never felt like eating, he only wanted to sleep, because it was the only way the demon would stop talking. Whatever medicine they gave him made him tired and for the first time in a long time, he slept without dreams.

Without telling Keith why, he was moved to a white room with a red leather couch with mahogany colored pillows in front of a red loveseat.

A green skinned alien with blue antennas wearing a white tux and had gold colored eyes walked into the room. His name was Pleb. Keith was sat on the couch, hugging a pillow, as he was starting to get nervous. A nurse was still in the room, in case something happened.

Pleb: Hello there.

Keith: ...

Pleb: can you state your full name and age for me?

Keith: ...

Keith was looking down, avoiding eye contact with him, and fiddling with his sleeves (he was wearing a white shirt with long sleeves and white pants).

Pleb: it's okay. I'm only here to help you and make you feel better. You just have to answer some questions for me and it will only stay between us. No one will know.

Keith: are...a-are you going t-to kill me...?

Pleb: of course not. I am only here for your best interest.

Keith: don't worry...a-about me...I'm a demon, so I only h-hurt people...

Pleb writes that down.

Pleb: what do you mean you're a demon?

Keith: I...uh...h-he...I...I d-don't know! I-im Galra, so I'm supposed to be a bad person, right?! That's what everyone says, so who am I to prove them wrong? I'm not wrong...they aren't wrong because I...I did something bad...

Pleb: what did you do that makes you think you're a bad person?

Keith: I...

Pleb: have you spoken to anyone about your fears of hurting them?

Keith: ...I don't have anyone left to talk to...Takashi hates me, now...and he's right to hate me, because I'm a worthless demon. I still think the best thing to do is just kill me...

Pleb: why don't we start in the beginning. When did you lose your parents?

Keith: U-Uh...my mom left a little after I was born and my dad died when I was little. I think I was...around 5 maybe?

Pleb: okay, okay. Can you tell me how you feel about your father's death?

Keith: um...well, I was sad and I felt...lonely, kinda...I-I dunno, what does this have to do with me being a demon?

Pleb: the loss of a parental figure at such a young age can have long lasting effects on the human psyche, I hear. How you were raised and the experiences growing up are all more relevant than you may think. Why don't you explain your experience after the death of your father? Where did you end up? Were you happy?

Keith: ...I...I was sent to a f-foster family...

Anxiety started creeping up in Keith's throat and he began to shake. He started scratching at the bandages covering his wrist the more he remembered what happened in that house. He forced a small nervous smile.