F#I#V#E

Keith's POV

I looked around the room, dazed and confused. I was standing up...walking to the bridge...and then...I was sitting on my bed. In my room.

As I searched my memories, I remembered Shiro lunging at me and I was saying something about a lie detector...it was all a blur. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't remember everything. I was left feeling lonely, cold, and my head was splitting open again.

I lied down in my bed, trying to just relax, but it didn't last long.

"Hey, Keithy boy. Wanna know what I did?" That ice cold voice asked. I sat up quickly and looked around, which only hurt my head more. I could only hear him, he didn't seem to be around.

"W-w-w-what d-did you d-do?" I stuttered.

He chuckled, sending shivers down my spine. "Well, I took over you for a bit. Your welcome." He said.

My heart stopped. Took...over...me...? Took over...as in... The others...heard him...? He took over my mind? No...no...no...NO! This is my worst nightmare...! I grabbed my heart, trying to get it to stop beating so fast. I was scared. Terrified. There was no blood on my hands, but...no. They can't be dead. They can't!

"They aren't dead, baby," he said. "Don't worry. I just bought you time. If I let you waltz in there, they'd just accuse you of being a traitor and you'd get kicked out without a fight. Thanks to me, the nerdy one is building a lie detector."

"A lie...detect...wait! Why would you...do that...for me...?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

He snickered. "Don't get the wrong idea. You can't kill them if you get kicked out." He said. I gulped, knowing what he was implying. I brought my knees up to my chest as a cold feeling of fear made its way into my heart. "But, you should know that I can kill them whenever I want and you can do nothing about it."

"No...no...they can't die...they're too important..." I said, gripping my head.

"Stop being so weak! You know that killing them can free you!" He argued.

"No!"

"WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?!?!"

"I WON'T HURT THEM!"

"FINE! We'll do it the hard way." He smiled at me sinisterly.

I knew that this was going to be hard, so tears left my eyes like water falls. I shakily got up from my bed, causing me to tumble into the floor face first. I then quickly got up and grabbed onto the door knob. My vision was getting hazy and the room was spinning. That always happened when I was on my way to get help from anyone. I'd get dizzy and collapse. But, this time, I was set on finding Shiro and telling him everything.

I left the room. I had no idea what time it was, but luckily no one was in the halls. I could only rely on Shiro. He knew me better. If I told him how I felt, he'd help me, right?

Still feeling dizzy and weak, I held onto the wall for support all the way to Shiro's room. When I got to his door, I was glad to see the light was on. I knocked quickly. My heart was beating out of my chest. My demon didn't explain in detail how he acted, so I was nervous to face him. Given how my demon acted around me, he couldn't have been nice.

When Shiro opened the door, he seemed surprised to see me. "What do you want?" He asked in a harsh tone. I was so nervous I felt like I was going to puke.

I gulped, looking down and avoiding eye contact. "Sh-Shiro...I'm really sorry about how I acted earlier...and I just n-need to explain why I've..."

"I don't care, Keith." He said, interrupting me. My heart stopped. "No matter what you say, you are Galra. That's why you've been acting the way you have. Nothing else can explain it."

Kill him

"Shiro, please just listen to me--"

"Keith, there is nothing you can say that will change my mind! I don't care what the lie detector says, because it's the truth that you are Galra which makes you a traitor!"

Kill him! Kill him!

"Shiro, I swear, I'm not..."

"Only my friends call me Shiro.

Kill him! Kill him! KILL HIM!

I stepped back and looked away from him, now full on shaking. My first was clenched and I was seeing red. Forget sadness and abandonment. I was completely livid. Especially since he wouldn't even listen to what I had to say. The words kill were echoing in my head and getting louder and louder, drowning out whatever horrible words Shiro was spouting.

And, then, I'm not sure exactly what happened next.

All I know is that the next thing I knew, I was on top of Shiro. He had a bloody cut on his cheek and my BoM blade was imbedded in his Galra arm. Before he could angrily grab me with his other hand, I let go of the blade and shakily scrambled off of him, landing me on my bottom. Before he could fully get up, I booked it out of the room like my life depended on it.

I don't even know if he followed me. All I knew was that I couldn't see through my overflowing tears.

I ran all the way back to my room, after running into a couple walls, and locked the door behind me. I slid down the door and grabbed my rapidly beating heart.

I almost killed Shiro...I TRIED TO KILL SHIRO! I've known from the beginning that it was me or them. I've known from the beginning that I'd choose me. If only I did it sooner. Then this wouldn't have happened. I'm a failure. I shouldn't have been born.

I couldn't hear him anymore, but I could just feel his overwhelming dark and cold presence looming over me, pushing me to do what I did next. I wasn't scared of death. But, I was just sad that I wouldn't be able to see the other paladins again. I wished we could've been friends. But, because of who I was and how I acted, we were just strangers. They couldn't care less about me. In this whole universe, I only had enemies. I had no one else. So, my death wouldn't affect anyone. That thought was the one that gave me the courage to pick up the knife. I had left my BoM blade in Shiro's arm, so I picked up just a regular knife I had gotten as a gift a couple years ago.

But, then, I thought, I should tell them everything. Why I did this. How sorry I was for making such a mess. How I felt about them. I should leave a note.

And that's what I did. I tore out a page from my notebook and then hid the notebook under my pillow, where I usually hid it.

I wrote for what felt like hours, probably so I could prolong the inevitable. Taking in all the life around me and reflecting on my own sad life.

Finally, I put the note down on my nightstand under a paper weight. Then, I sat down on my bed. By this time, I was getting tired and my vision was already fading. But, I had already made my decision that I wasn't going to wake up in the morning. I didn't want to wake up.

I heard him chuckle as I put the knife up to my neck, startling me and cutting my neck slightly. He appeared to me, sitting down on my bed. He smiled sinisterly.

"Lights out."

And then, it all went dark.