F*O*U*R

Keith's POV

"FORM VOLTRON!" Our leader yelled from the seat of the black lion.

Despite my desire to...well, die...I was still the red paladin and had to continue fighting side by side with the paladins I completely despised. I did. I hated them. I also hated myself. But, I decided that no matter how hard my demon pushed me to, I couldn't hurt them. They were the great saviors of the universe, after all. I couldn't destroy that hope...at least that's what I think now. I've realized I've been unstable, but I don't let it interfere with my paladin work...for the most part.

This time, there was a planet that needed saving. I usually keep quiet and done talk too much when it comes to interacting with aliens, as well as the other paladins. They hate me, so I don't think they mind. Anyway, we had led a fleet away from the planet and were at the point where we needed Voltron.

As usual, me and the other Lions went into formation. We waited. And waited. But, nothing happened.

"Aren't we supposed to be Voltron by now?" Pidge asked.

"Yeah, what gives?" Lance asked.

My heart stopped. My fault. Definitely me fault. We hadn't formed Voltron since they all started hating me, so who else could've been at fault?

"Of course it's your fault. It always is." That sinister voice suddenly rang in my head.

I held my breath, trying real hard not to let the others know anything was wrong. I couldn't say anything, so I let him continue. "I say just sabotage the mission and let the Galra deal with them. That way, you can finally be free. C'mon, Keithy boy. You can't fight me forever. This will all end if you die or you kill. Remember that."

I shook my head, trying to calm myself down.

I already knew how it would end. With my death. I'm a tool for Voltron. That's it. If they tell me they don't need me anymore, I'll do it.

But, that time came sooner than I thought.

We ended up having to escape back to the castle and worm holed away. I was last to leave me lion, because my demon wouldn't stop badgering me and I didn't want anyone to see him if he did show up. I didn't know exactly who he was, but I could touch him and hear him clearly...he seemed so real...I'm not sure what he is, but I can't just write him off as someone I made up...

When he stopped talking, I stepped out of my lion and reluctantly met up with everyone on the bridge. And as soon as I stepped into the room, the next thing I knew, I was sitting on my bed with a massive migraine.

Lance's POV

We waited for Keith to show up to the bridge. I mean, what is with him?! He's been completely off his game the past couple months! It's like every shred of talent he ever had was suddenly sucked out of his body. And he's been completely silent and...and...MAN! I hate him! He used to be my rival, but now he doesn't hold a candle to me!

Yeah, I know why he's been distant and awful at being a paladin. None of us pretty much trust him. I mean, sure, he's Galra. But, he has been acting suspicious. I mean, locking himself in his room for days at a time. That constant guilty look. And, I think I saw him chatting with a Galra soldier once.

He was the last to meet up with us on the bridge. I hadn't had a good look at him in a good while, but I noticed that he looked really pale. Like, I know he doesn't get much sun in the castle, but he actually looked sick. I shrugged it off, though, as he sat just folded his arms and stood with the rest of us. I noticed he was slightly smiling, which I found weird given our situation.