Chapter 15

Taehyung woke up...with a hangover.

His head was hurting as if he had been powerfully hit by a hammer on his head for straight five minutes. But it was just a side effect of crying for 1 and a half hour straight. Not only his head, he was feeling sick himself and drained out even when he had woke up at 8:00 pm.

He took some medicines, after freshing up, so that his head ache would go away and won't annoy him for the rest of the night. And that was the moment when he remembered that Jungkook had seen him cry.

Taehyung instantly blushed, his face turned scarlet, as he remembered all the words that Jungkook had said and all the secrets that Taehyung, himself, had spilled. He didn't show anyone his secrets, and his broken side. He always put a cheerful face with a bubbly personality so that he won't face judgements. But now, his trainer, a mere stranger, knew about some of his deepest secrets.

To say that Taehyung wanted to smash his brains, take out his heart and tear it, and then jump out of a widow would be an understatement. And, fortunately, he did none of those. Instead, he drank a glass of cold water to calm his racing heart and the endless train of thoughts.

When he had calmed down, Taehyung went out to distract himself. The dinner was probably over and everyone would be minding their own businesses and he didn't want to disturb them.

He walked mindlessly through the corridors, and grabbed some snacks in between, while his thoughts were on something else, determined not to move on from that topic. And Taehyung didn't even tried to stop them because he knew it was hopeless. The more he tried to stop his thoughts, the more he ended up dwelling upon it.

And it wasn't long when his thoughts conquered his actions and Taehyung found himself standing in front of Jungkook's door with his hand outstretched, just inches away from the door.

When he realized what he did, he quickly withdrew his hand but he still wasn't sure whether he had knocked the door or not. He silently cursed himself for allowing his thoughts to take over himself and for not focusing on his actions.

Taehyung's contemplation was stopped when the door was opened in a brief and swift motion and there he saw Jungkook standing in a white shirt with black, loose-fitted pants.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Jungkook said, clearly surprised.

"Umm...hi! I was just wandering here and there and I couldn't think of anything to do so I ended up in front of your room." Taehyung replied honestly.

"Oh, so if you are here then come in." Jungkook beckoned Taehyung inside his room.

"Did I disturb you, though?" Taehyung glanced at the other for a second and quickly averted his eyes.

"No, you didn't. I was just thinking of showering but I can do it later."

Taehyung didn't say anything and quietly sat on the bed. The room wasn't too neat and clean, he could see Jungkook's clothes on the floor and his boots and slippers laying abandoned, on the floor. But other than that, the room was pretty organized and a little amount of untidiness made a place look more welcoming, to be honest.

"You just woke up, right?"

Taehyung looked up to see that Jungkook's eyes were already fixed on him, probably noticing the way Taehyung was observing the room.

"Yeah. Just now."

"Quite a long sleep you had."

Silence made it's way in between their conversation, and it was soon followed by the thick aura of awkwardness. Short, random conversations weren't being helpful so Taehyung questioned Jungkook about something that was on his mind for some minutes since he woke up.

"Weren't you..." Taehyung stopped before completing his sentence as he thought that the question would probably make Jungkook uncomfortable.

"Go on. What were you asking?" Jungkook sat in front of the younger.

"Weren't you feeling uncomfortable when I told you about, you know, things."

"I was feeling kind of awkward at first, yes. But after a while, you reminded me of my own story and I couldn't help hugging you. I had a sudden urge to protect you from everything."

Taehyung was completely taken back by the straightforwardness of Jungkook's words and he continued to stare at him.

Jungkook noticed the expression on Taehyung's face and went on, "What? It's nothing. It is just because of the connection that I felt. Nothing more than that. Don't sweat yourself. But it was kinda nice to talk to you and not bicker like we usually do."

And that was what which caused pain to Taehyung, not physically but emotionally. He put on a robotic smile, an instinct, which was what he usually did whenever he got hurt as he didn't want anyone to have an access to his inner feelings and emotions.

"Of course. I was just taken aback for a second. Anyways, I should go."

"No, wait! You can stay if you don't have anything to do." Jungkook said, outstretching his arm towards Taehyung who was already making his way towards the door, as if to grab his wrist.

Without looking back Taehyung answered, "Actually, I have to eat and I am getting bored with you."

And just like that, Taehyung shut the door, leaving Jungkook with his hand still extended in the air...

Sorry not sorry for this sad chapter XD.

It is one of those moments when someone gets hurt by another person and then proceeds to hurt them back (not on purpose tho) while both of them are oblivious about the growing feelings inside their hearts

Actually, I wanted to remind that Jungkook is not someone who will accept his romantic feelings but he will try to grow the connection he feels with the other. But now, as he had been declined technically, he isn't gonna make any progress.

This chapter was mainly focused on Taehyung. As I said in the beginning of the fan fiction, there will be snippets of Taehyung's POV in this book. Hope you liked it ❤❤

So that's it for this chapter. If you liked/loved it, pleaseeee vote and comment 💖💖. Have a great day/night 💜💜