Chapter 44

It was the day on which Jungkook was supposed to leave Kim Ji-hoon's mansion and to return, peacefully without any regrets, to his own, familiar setting.

But he was going through guilt of a crime which he didn't even commit and he wanted to get away from the faces that held the misery and the after effects of still going through a harsh phase of life. Jungkook wanted to run away, not because he was a coward, because there was no chance of defending himself, no chance of telling that he wasn't the one who had killed Jin.

Due to that, Jungkook was currently packing his stuff so that he won't be late. Hoseok had gone to hire a cab and would come back in approximately half an hour; Jungkook wanted to be completely ready by then.

He put his two suitcases on his bed and placed his black backpack next to them. After doing that, Jungkook was just looking around the room to see if he had missed anything when he heard someone's knuckles knocking against the mahogany door.

Jungkook opened the door and saw Yoongi in front of him. Jungkook raised his eyebrows in a soft, questioning way.

"Hey. What's up?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing much. Wanted to talk to you about something."

"Ah, okay. Go on." Jungkook urged the other.

"Not here. Let's step out of this house a bit." Yoongi nervously smiled which Jungkook ignored.

"Okay, sure." Jungkook said, while closing the door behind him, curious about what Yoongi had to say to him.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Taehyung had hid in Jin's room and, through a little space in the doorway, saw Yoongi leaving with Jungkook towards the main door.

He waited a little bit till both of them were out of his sight. Then he sneakily tiptoed towards Jungkook's room and almost shouted out loud in relief when he found out that the room wasn't locked.

Luck was completely on his side.

Taehyung was more relieved when he saw that the bag was sitting on the bed, waiting for him to spill it's contents and to know every single thing about Jungkook.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"So what did you want to talk about?" Jungkook as they walked with small steps, hands in the pockets of their jeans, right outside the house while the summer Sun shone brightly on a light blue, cloudless sky.

"Hm..."

"Dude," Jungkook abruptly stopped on the steps, "what is it?"

"Ah, sorry. I was lost in thought." Yoongi chuckled to hide his bad acting. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about Jin."

At the mention of the late person, Jungkook tensed up a little, preparing himself for the worst scenario.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Taehyung quickly opened the zip of the bag and looked inside it. There was a phone, a laptop and a notebook within.

He took out all three of them. Without thinking, he switched on the phone but was soon hit by the requirement of a password.

He didn't waste any time dwelling on the password because there must be trillions of possibilities and he didn't have time to try all of them.

The next thing he opened was the laptop, hoping that it would open without any obstacle. However, the same problem arose.

Then Taehyung's intellect suddenly, and fortunately, entered his mind and he realized that he should have checked the notebook first before anything else.