Chapter 36

Wails and screams aroused from the house, wrenching Jungkook from his deep sleep. Confusion and worry washed over him as he stepped outside to see Kim Ji-hoon loudly crying while the servants and Evangeline were sobbing.

Yoongi and Taehyung weren't present there so Jungkook went towards Evangeline to question about the tragedy which made everyone cry like that.

"What happened?" Jungkook said with a shaky voice.

Evangeline looked at him with bloodshot eyes and then started tearing up more hardly. Jungkook waited and let her cry, as she tried to calm herself by gulping huge amounts of air.

"S-sir," Evangeline couldn't control her hiccups but she tried her best to be hearable, "w-when I wok-woke up, s-someone came and told...that J-Jin was murdered."

It took a long time before the real pressure and the unbearable meaning of the sentence hit Jungkook like an explosion. Even then, he was confused; his mind going into a blurry state as he couldn't believe something this terrible, this horribly tragic had happened.

"What are you saying? You don't make sense!" Jungkook practically shouted at the poor woman.

"I a-am saying-g the tr-truth, sir." Evangeline said before breaking down once again, unable to contain the pain in her heart.

Jungkook felt lost. Utterly lost as he looked around to understand what was happening. Yet, in his mind, everything was full of chaos and filled with confusion, making him unable to understand the situation.

However, tears brimmed the corners of his eyes on their own record. His heart cried and cried, loudly, screeching due to the memories.

His feet worked by themselves, too, as they led him to his safe haven, to the place where he wanted to go, to the person whom he yearned to protect and mourn with.

Jungkook went inside Taehyung's room without knocking and found him sitting on his bed in a stiff position, no trace of tears, hurt or pain on his face. He quickly went towards the other and sat in front of him, on the bed, as he usually did.

"Tae?"

Taehyung slowly looked at Jungkook and then smiled as if nothing was wrong, as if everything was completely perfect, as if Jin was still alive.

"Jungkook? Why are you crying?" Taehyung touched Jungkook's cheeks with cold, distant fingers and then looked at him with bothered and worried eyes.

"Tae..."

"Tell me! What is it?!"

"Tae...Jin is dead." Jungkook said while looking straight in Taehyung's eyes, as tears escaped the cage of his pupils, so that he would believe him.

"No. No, he is not dead." Taehyung worried expression transformed into his peaceful, calm smile once again. "He is alive. He is gonna come and start telling me jokes, Kookie. He is gonna make me laugh. And then I am gonna call him "Hyung." He is not dead. I told Yoongi as well but he didn't believe me and went into his room. You believe me, right?"

Jungkook looked at him with sadness and longing, his own face red and wet. He didn't say anything. He didn't want to delude Taehyung. Delusion can be sometimes more devasting than the rawness of the catastrophe.

"Believe me, Jungkook. He is not dead. I am telling you he is not dead." Taehyung pleadingly looked at Jungkook, his tone begging him to believe what he was saying.

Then Taehyung started crying. He didn't even realize he was crying, just that his tears started coming out. Maybe his mind had accepted what had happened yet his heart was in denial.

Mumbles of "Jin is not dead" came out of Taehyung's mouth while he quickly wiped his tears away, only to be replaced by new ones.

Jungkook couldn't bear it. Couldn't bear so much awful things happening in only one day. So he hugged Taehyung, which was the most assuring thing he could do, while he was breaking himself.

He hid Taehyung inside his safe arms, enveloping him in his uncritical embrace, allowing the other to cry as much as he wanted to.

And he repeated only one thing, "I believe you, Tae, I believe you."

Sorry? For? Not? Updating? For? Two? Weeks? My exams are literally going on these days too but I didn't wanna deprive you all of the climax. And couldn't leave you all on a cliffhanger while not updating for days loll. I am kind this way 😂😌

Anyways, I hope you liked this...pfft! Please don't kill me lmao! And enjoy the other chapters. This is gonna go down fast