Chapter 45

Taehyung was standing at the far corner, looking at the west wall of his room, when Jungkook entered. Taehyung's back was towards the other so Jungkook could neither see Taehyung's front nor his face.

Jungkook kept standing, a little disheartened that Taehyung wasn't facing him, a little disappointed that maybe Taehyung didn't want to look at him even though he was leaving today.

Before an unbearable hush spread between them, Jungkook asked, "You wanted to talk?"

"Yes." Taehyung shortly said without turning around.

"Okay...what was it about?" Jungkook asked, prompting Taehyung to go on.

"Nothing that important. Just wanted to know how you feel about Jin's death."

"What kind of question is that?"

"Just answer me."

Jungkook was taken aback and a lot saddened because of the straightforwardness of Taehyung. He was expecting a lot more sweet conversation but he couldn't blame the other with all the things that were happening in his life.

"Obviously, I feel so grieved. I never imagined that something so horrible would happen nor I can imagine how a person is capable of murdering such a pure and innocent person. I thought of Jin like a friend and an elder brother and his death was a complete shock-"

"Then, what do you think of his murderer?" Taehyung cut Jungkook's sentence right in the middle.

"His murderer is exposed?" Panic took over Jungkook because he had promised Andrew safety and here he didn't even know that something had happened to his dealer.

"No, not yet. But we already know who it is."

"Who?"

"Jk."

Jungkook was painfully reminded that he was the one who was thought to be guilty, the one whose hands were stained with Jin's spilled blood.

"What should I think of him?"

"I don't know. I have asked the question so you should answer it, I think." Taehyung shrugged in a painfully sarcastic way 

"I think of him as a...murderer." Jungkook was hesitant as he didn't know if he was saying the right thing or not.

"Anything else?"

"I don't understand what you mean, Ta-"

"Shouldn't you feel any sympathy or any anger that everyone is hating him?"

Jungkook's suspicions turned into belief that Taehyung knew something. He realized that while he was outside with Yoongi, Taehyung had probably sneaked into his room and, now, knew everything.

"Tae..." Jungkook said softly. He didn't try to give any explanations because he knew that Taehyung wouldn't believe a thing that came out from his mouth.

But as soon as he said that, Taehyung turned around sharply; a raging expression on his face, eyes filled with betrayal, while his gun was in his hand, pointed towards Jungkook.

"Stop! Don't call me that! How can you still fucking call me that? Don't you have any remorse? But why would you? You still had the audacity to live in our mansion after releasing those articles, killing Jin and I know that money problem is done by you too." Taehyung said, his hands shaking as he held the gun.

Jungkook didn't say anything but he stepped closer to the other.

Step after step.

With all the emotions and truth exposed on his face. His eyes were practically screaming in his defense but his mouth never spoke a word, his tongue never moved to make a sound.