Chapter Nine

I smell something sweet cooking. I wonder if there's a chef here. I took a quick shower before pulling on jeans and crop top and went back downstairs.

I use my nose to find my way to the kitchen and I was surprise to see Richard cooking. Without making a sound I sit on a island stool and watch him.

He was huge and he seem to take up all of the space in the kitchen. "Stefani dinner is ready!"

"I know." He turn around and his cheeks turn pink. I chuckle and he set a plate of spaghetti."Thank you."

He turn back to the stove while I eat.

"Why are you helping me?"I asked.

"Because I was like you once. The world is a cruel place and no one should go through it alone."

There's not much left in this world for me anyways.

"Mr. Blackstone. There's something you should see." He stop what he was doing and went with Sanders. I finish eating and wash the dishes that were use.

The place was silent when I left the kitchen. I head to my room to watch tv.

"Stefani!" Now what? I walk back downstairs saw him standing by the door. "We're leaving now. Leave the bags. They will be shipped later tonight." He pull me out of the house and into a black mustang.

He get in the driver's side and speed down the driveway.

"What's happening?"

"Apparently I'm the father for a sixteen year old baby,"he said through gritted teeth.

I paled.

"This is my fault."

"Its not your fault Stefani and don't ever say that again."

I nod and remain silent. It's either my parents or Kyle.

"Who did it?"

"Your parents." I know it. "I don't want you to hate them."

Too late for that. They can go rot in hell.