Chapter Twelve

Two months later
Something brush the hair from my face and I shift into a comfortable position. My belly was showing so I can only sleep on my side or back.

Something touch my face and again and I open my eyes. I was met familiar blue eyes.

"Richard?"

"Hey. Didn't mean to wake you."

"That's ok." I sit up slowly with his help. "When did you get here?"

"A little while ago." I rub the sleep from my eyes and look at him good. I touch the beard on his face.

"You need a shave." He chuckle and lay down on his back.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could her here sooner."

"Its ok. I've been busy with my online classes. The teacher boring talks keep me occupied. How's everything back in Chicago?"

"The rumors have died down and it seems everything was back to normal." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "I have something for you." He took a small box out of his pocket and hand it to me.

"What is it?"

"Just open it." I open the little box and saw a gold chain with a heart shape pendant. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." I couldn't help the tears. I've never gotten anything for my birthday before.

"Please don't cry."

"Hormones." He chuckle and took the necklace,putting it around my neck.

"You hungry?"

"Always." He help me up and we went downstairs.

I sit down on the stool and he took good out of The fridge.

"When is your next doctor's appointment?"

"Two days." He nod and set a rub of ice cream in front me. "I'm scared. I might not even make it through delivery."

"Don't say that. You'll make it. You've come this far and I believe in you."

"I owe you so much."

"You don't owe me nothing love. I'm here for you."