2. Dreams about her

I woke up sweating. I covered my face with my hands and let out a sigh. For weeks now, I had been seeing Ruby in my dreams. Those dreams were actually nice. We were dating, laughing, playing around, kissing sometimes. It felt so real but at the end of every dream I had about Ruby, something bad happened. In my dreams she had cheated on me, I had died a day before our marriage, we had argued in the car and broke up, we had dated and at the end of the evening, she said she actually likes boys.

It was weird and exhausting. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and drank water. Then I went back to my room, sat on my desk, and looked out of the window. There were few people walking on the streets even though it was 2 am. I watched the cars drive past and admired the city lights at night time. I calmed down and went back to bed.

I woke up because of my alarm. It was Saturday morning but I wanted to pick up good habits and improve my life. That meant that I woke up at least 8 am, washed my face and brushed teeth, did a small workout, and then ate light breakfast. I read until 10 am and went outside for a walk. I also tried to drink more water now. Before dinner, I did a longer workout. To my surprise, I actually did feel better now and I started to see some good results on my body as well.

My decision to be better as a person was directly because of Ruby. At first at least. I was very happy that I tried it because I felt so much better now. It was a way healthier and happier lifestyle than the one I had before.

On a Sunday evening, I packed my school bag. Listened to some music while moving my hips in the rhythm. I was a bit nervous because tomorrow was the first school day after the spring break. I will see Ruby tomorrow, I thought to myself.

I then did a workout and afterwards ate mashed potatoes with chicken. That night I quickly fell asleep, not knowing what will happen tomorrow.