7. A letter

Ruby sat next to me. Oh my.

Since I had arrived at school, I had started praying she will not want to be desk mates in literature anymore. This was so nervewracking. I had written a short letter saying:

Hey!

Would you want to hang out at the new cafe they opened next to our city art museum? If yes, how about tomorrow after school?

C.

I was too scared to actually ask her on a romantical date. I didn't even know for sure is she's into girls. I was also afraid of her showing it to someone else so I only wrote the first letter of my name. In our class were three other people who's name started with C - Clara, Chris, and Charles. Just before our class was about to end, I slid my folded letter quickly to her side. She covered it with her hand and opened it behind the pencil case. Our teachers were quite strict about sharing notes turning the class so we had to be careful. I saw her reading the letter. She ripped a small piece out of the letter, wrote something on it, and gave it to me, keeping my letter for herself. Just when I got her answer in my hand the bell ringed and the students started to walk out of the class, our teacher shouting us our homework task.

I quickly packed my things and went out of the class as well but instead of going to the next class, I headed to the toilet room. I closed my door and looked at the little folded piece of paper in my hand. I prepared myself for it saying "Sorry, no." and then I opened it. Ruby had written:

Sure :)

I had to lean against the wall because all of sudden my knees went a little weak. Crap. That means I have to meet up with her tomorrow and talk more than a few sentences with her. The heck was I thinking?