11. After the battle

"Ugh..." I said while laying on the bed.

"Hey, come on, it went actually quite well," Shelia said. "She was nice, wasn't she."

"Yeah, but it was so damn awkward."

"Don't be so mean with yourself, you did well and it's cool that she was so polite."

"I know... You are right." I sat up.

"You got a new friend now," Shelia said with a smile.

Her sentence made me remember one detail. "Hey, I didn't saw you in the restaurant?"

"Yep, oh my. My teacher didn't let us go and later on when I found the restaurant, you guys weren't there anymore."

"We must have gone to the park then."

Shelia nodded. She seemed sad or distant but I couldn't figure out what was bothering her.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

Shelia started laughing and her mood visibly changed.

"Yes, of course, why it shouldn't be?"

I shrugged it off with a smile and we decided to make dinner together. We fooled around while making the food and my mood improved a lot. Shelia was once again right: Ruby was polite with me and we might be good friends in the future. If I was brutally honest with myself I already felt that my crush for her was starting to wear off. After all Ruby and I were never in a relationship before and now I really did feel that I can move on peacefully. I wouldn't regret anything in the future. So... Why there was still something that bothered me?