9. Falling

The school bell ringed. This was it. My head went dizzy and my stomach felt weird. It felt like I'm in one of my nightmares. Things start well, I'm with Ruby, we are having a great time and then everything collapses.

I was waiting for Ruby outside of the school. We had agreed to go to the cafe together. At this point, I was hoping she just won't show up and we can simply forget all of it. Why on the earth did I ask her out?! I'm so stupid. My suffering right now is completely my fault. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Why I'm an idiot... Jus-

"Hey! I'm so sorry that I made you wait!" I heard a cheerful voice behind me.

Sudden adrenaline made my fear and sadness vanish. "He-Hey.." I tried to be as casual as possible but I stuttered a little. I felt my cheeks go warm. "No worries," I replied with a smile.

Ruby smiled too and briefly touched her neck as a little sign of embarrassment. Then one more thing occurred to me. We have to talk. Literally. Or else we walk the entire way there in awkward silence.

For my luck, Ruby was in a chatty mood. She talked about school, life, and the future; asked me questions, and held the conversation well. Her chill vibing made me fell for her even more. Why am I so gay?

We arrived at the cafe in no time. I was really into what she was saying so I was kind of even sad that we had arrived at our destination.