5. Impossible to figure out

"Morning," I said to Shelia when we woke up. It was 7 am.

"Good morning, your hair is funny," she said with a grin on her face.

"Yours isn't better," I said back and showed her briefly my tongue. We laughed and started getting ready for school. Shelia's mom hade made pancakes for us. It was a tradition we had. When Shelia stayed at my house my mom made waffles and when I stayed at Shelia's we had pancakes for breakfast.

Shelia's dad drove us to the schools. Having a good rest at night really made a change. I felt so much more enthusiastic and calmed then I usually did at school. I texted Shelia that I should more often sleep at her house. She replied with laughing emojis and "sure". I smiled being thankful for having such a good friend.

The first lesson was history. Nothing really happened there. Ruby was sitting with Hannah. Half of me had expected it but the other half of me had hoped she might sit with me. The next lesson was English where she didn't sit next to me. She didn't decide to sit with me in geography and biology either. We had two math lessons in a row on Tuesday. She did look at me in there once, smiled, and then continued talking with Hannah. After school, I walked back home and I couldn't hide the fact that I was disappointed. Yeah, sure, I was ready for her not sitting with me in more lessons but I still hoped she would at least talk to me.

It was Friday night when I was staring at the ceiling. The school week was over and Ruby hadn't spoken to me once. The first and apparently the only lesson she wanted to be desk mates was literature. Before the spring break, I would have been very happy if she would have wanted to be desk mates with me. It wouldn't have mattered if it would have been in only one lesson. But when she first sat down at my desk, I couldn't help but get my hopes up. I still didn't know why she had done it. A thought crossed my mind then. Maybe she will not sit with me next Monday, I thought myself. That idea saddened me even more. I decided to do a workout and then watch tv to get Ruby off of my thoughts. The workout did help but when I started watching tv my thoughts drifted back to Ruby.

I decided to text Shelia. She agreed to meet up. Shelia had always the best solutions.