14. A hug

I found her sitting on a park bench. I walked closer and sat next to her.

"How are you feeling?" I said quietly.

"A lot better," Shelia answered. "It feels like a mountain is lifted from my shoulders."

"It was that bad?" I thought to myself. Shelia said she has had crush on me since kindergarten. I couldn't even imagine it. And I didn't quite understand either.

"Don't get me wrong, okay?" I said carefully, "But how and why did you get crush on me?"

She chuckled and looked at me. "I don't know, you are just one cute looking trash bag," She said with a smile.

"Hey!" I raised my voice a bit and softly hit her shoulder. I couldn't hide the grin on my face.

Shelia smiled but then lowered her head and got more serious. "Honestly, I don't know. Why did you get a crush on Ruby?" Shelia asked me.

That was a good question. "I don't know either," I answered. "It felt like a big crush but after I learned that she's not into girls, I almost instantly started getting over of her and I didn't understand why."

I realized that Shelia had just confessed her love for me and here I was talking about other girl. "Shelia, I don't know why I liked her. I guess she was pretty, charming and a little bit mysterious. After the mystery had been lifted, I just find a good friend in her. But you... Why me?"

Shelia closed her eyes and covered her face with hands. I wanted to touch her shoulder but before I could do so she lowered her hands again and I saw her face. Tears were falling down on her cheeks.

"Why do I like you?" she said a bit bitterly, "I don't know. Maybe if you would look properly into the mirror you could see how God damn hot you look. And how adorable you are when you are confused. And if you would know how my heart feels when you look at me. Or how it feels when I wake you up in the morning, sleeping next to me... Then maybe you wouldn't be asking this question."

I felt something warm on my cheeks and realized that they were tears. My heart felt painful and sore.

Shelia looked at me. "Shit," she said quietly. She came closer and wiped my cheeks. "Corny..." she whispered almost like begging me, "Please, don't cry."

I put my hands around her neck and cried into her jacket. She hugged me back and caressed my back.