10. "Large steak with fries and orange juice, please."

I couldn't help but laugh a little when I heard what Ruby ordered.

"Hey, be nice! I'm starving!" Ruby said with a smile on her face.

Everything was going so much better than I imagined. I have to thank Shelia later. Oh! Shelia should be here somewhere too. I haven't noticed her yet.

"What would you like, miss?" Our very friendly-looking waitress asked me.

"I would like to take the same but small steak, please," I replied with a gentle smile.

We had a great time. We ate and when we were not eating we continued our conversation. I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk with her. We never ran out of subjects and the mood was set to positive and joking.

"Where did you get the idea to do this?" Ruby then asked, "I'm having a great time with you."

I guess I ran out of my luck. I got quickly nervous. I was glad to hear that she was enjoying the time with me but right now was a perfect chance to say something about my feelings. Nothing inside me felt ready to do this.

"Hmm..." I said, trying to think of what to say. "You seemed like a really cool person."

Ruby laughed a little. Shit, well that wasn't good. I decided I will tell, do it quickly so the pain wouldn't be so sharp but not here in this restaurant.

After finishing lunch we decided to go through the park and then go to our homes. Park seemed like a decent place where to die of embarrassment.

We sat down on one of the park benches. I breathed slowly in and tried to pull myself together.

"Hey, Ruby..." I started quietly.

"Yep?" She said cheerfully.

"So, you asked me why I wanted to go out with you. Well, the thing is... Thing is that I, uh, like you?"

I started at the ground. I had never felt such a strong desire to look at the ground and not lift my eyes. Ruby was quiet and that made me curious about her facial expression but I still didn't look up.

" Oh..." she then said.

I felt her hand on my shoulder and I was sincerely shocked. Sure, I prepared myself to get rejected but I didn't expect her to be nice. Same-sex liking is still not that accepted.

"I'm sorry," she then said. Now I lift my eyes. "But I'm quite surely straight."

"Oh, no, no," I quickly said, "Don't be sorry, silly. I just thought I would be honest with you, that's all."

I let out a little laugh and smiled. I had never felt such embarrassment and my cheeks got very warm. She was so nice and I just. I have no idea what I was.

Ruby smiled back. "It's really brave of you to confess like that. I think my mom would like you."

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

Ruby smiled happily. "My mom is into women too. She wasn't comfortable with her sexuality until recently."

"Oh, that's very cool," I didn't know what to say but I was positively surprised.

The conversation carried on quite normally after that incident.