M.S.S.L 7

007

'I leaned back in my chair as I watch the computer do its job It scanned over every city in Chicago till it found its match.

I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I was doing everything I could to be useful. "Did you get it?" My mother spoke standing over me, leaning closer to get a better look at the screen. I smelt the cigarette mixed with alcohol on her breath.

"No, not yet maybe if you'll stop standing over me I would get it done quicker." I snapped rolling my eyes.

She got up and started to pacing around the small dirty room littered with beer cans. My eyes scanned over the hundred of files that loaded in but one caught my eye. The name 'Fibonacci' was written all over it, The same name my mother has mentioned way too many times for me to forget it.
I glanced over my shoulder to see if she was watching me but she was lighting another cigarette. I looked back at the computer screen and curiously opened the file.

So much popped up at once it was overwhelming. I began closing useless tabs until a red pin popped up circling an address.

It was Fibonacci location. I was cut off mid-read as a big error sign popped freezing all the files that I had open I began rapidly Spam right clicking the mouse trying to unfreeze it, everything went black as the pc crashed."Fucking shitty piece of trash!" I mumbled resisting the urge to smack the computer I was so close to getting the information I needed or should I say she needed.

I groaned in frustration as the computer didn't want to turn back on. "Did you get it?" my mother asked once again "Did you get it, did you get it?!" I mocked her tone making my voice high pitched as I spun around in the chair to face her "What's the deal with Fibonacci anyways?" I asked disregarding her question as I began swaying the chair left to right repeatedly.

She didn't say anything, She just blew a cloud smoke out of her mouth.

"It has something to do with the mob doesn't it?" I questioned running my hand through my nodded hair. Her silences gave it way. She was working with them again I stop swaying "you're fucking kidding me right?...Gen, I told you to stop you have no idea what you're getting yourself into!"

I never called her mom it felt unnatural after everything she pull me through, after years of being apart. She rolled her eyes "ugh do you ever stop sticking you nose into my business!" I scoffed. I would send her money every month, which was more than enough to get by so why work while them? Was there something more that I didn't know about?

"You wanna get gunned down because you set off the wrong person, that's cool thats great even, the thing is I want no part of it, " I stood up pushing the chair back under the desk as I made my way our to the front door.

Gen followed hot on my hells "so that's it? You just gonna leave?!" She raised her voice.

"Yea, pretty much." I stated slipping my boots on. "he's gonna kill me how could you just stop caring about me when I put a roof over your head and put food onto your plate!"

I rolled my eyes already knowing that this conversation was going in an argument "wow, yes thank you for doing the bare minimum." I stated sarcastically. "John gonna-," she choked on her words, I narrowed my eyes watching as her complexion appeared flushed "it doesn't matter you just have to give him what he wants!" She pleaded.