M.S.S.L 14

014

I slowly blinked my eyes open trying to get them to adjust to the bright light seeping through my eyelids.

I didn't open my eyes just yet but I could tell I was laying on something...Soft?

I was laying on a bed.

Okay, last I was on the road... Last I was with David... David dead. The thought of David brought the image of his dead body flooding back into my mind.

Not only the thought of David but the thought of Alex.

I jolted into a seating position whines at the sudden ache in my chest. Squinting, I Scanned my surrounding feeling woozy from what ever the nurses possibly drugged me with.

I was in a hospital.

I glanced at the heart monitor then to the needle that was placed into my arm then down to cuff that kept me bound to the bed "Fuck..." I muttered, how did I let myself get to this point.

I reached over with my free hand pulling out the needle that was held by a piece of masking tape I yanked at the cuff knowing damn well it wasn't going to come off.

"You're going to hurt yourself."

A voice that I knew all too well, slightly startled my eyes landed on Mahone leaning on the door frame. He stood watching me or more so staring into nothing lost in thought.

I stared back at him untrusting of my own voice.

Mahone sought before speaking "the doc ran some testes while you were out seems like you severely underestimated how clinically I'll you are."

I slight rolled my eyes before shrugging not caring about whatever state I was in, I wanted to be with Micheal somehow I believed being close to him would solve all my problems.

Alex squeezed the Center of his nose bridge, exhausted "Maybe you hearing the fact that you potentially might need surgery will peek your interest."

The moment he said that once of the nurses walked into the room rummaging through one of cabinets while exchanging a few words with Alex.

"The doctor with be with you shortly-" she nodded my away once she notice the Iv I had taken she slipped the clipboard she handle into clipboard holder near the door before approaching me "ma'am I'm going to ask that you leave the Iv in." She reached for my arm.

"Get way from me." I narrowed my eyes, glaring at her "ma'am it to-"

"I don't want it!" I shouted at her not wanting her to touch me, she frowned briefly before plastering a wry smile back onto her face "okay." She spoke calmly readjusting her posture I pressed my lips in a firm line as I watched her make her way out the room.

Once the door clicked shut the room fell quiet.

I plead my eyes off the entrance glancing at the clock mounted above the window that gave a view into the hallway.

It was only 8:54, not even midnight.

"I gotta use the bathroom." I stated staring at Mahone who was visibly sleep deprived.

He stared at me for a second before walking over to the cabinet I watched him slight confused Mahone until  h placed a urinal bowl on the side of the bed.

I stared at the bowl then back at him...

"I'll leave so you can do your business." He spoke about to turn on his heals.

"I'm not using that." I stated irritated.

"Then don't."

"The bathroom right there, you can even leave the cuffs on if that makes you feel any better." I complained pointing at the bathroom door.