021

021

I stood hesitant.

My heart beat thudding loudly in my eardrums Mahone lowered his gun but didn't place it back into his waist band.

Michael stood beside me not leaving even though this was his chance to do so. I chewed the inside of my lower lip till the point I tasted something metallic- Blood.

I strived for Michael to call out for me I convince myself that if he does I'd walk away with him but he stood still apprehensive and as silent as I was.

Making this choice mines.

I made my way over to the fence couching down snatching the papers off the ground.

"Pages 23." I flipped through the pages till my eyes caught onto the given number even though I was under sure of what I was even looking for.

The pages that I flipped through had everything written down about me.

I felt uneasy to be holding something that identified me, telling people my history without getting to know me before forming an opinion about who I am or what I've been through.

Once I got to page 23 a photo clip to the page caught my attention a photo taken while I stood in court, it was taken a few months back when I was sentence to for the murder of Gen.

In the back row stood out a familiar face no other person then him, Alex.

My eyes drifted over to Mahone waiting for an explanation "what exactly does this explain?"I glared at him, his expression was stern but his eyes didn't meet minds.

"Read it." Mahone voice was harsh, as if he didn't trust his own voice not to crack.

I passed the image over to Michael who was now hovering over my shoulder as I began to read what was written on the find print.

I swallowed the lump in the throat, reading line by line...

At the bottom was Mahone neat signature I lowered the paper.

I sighed as I lowered the paper I pinched my nose bridge in between my thumb and index finger with my empty hand.

I let out a low unpleasant groan that could only be heard by me before a wry chuckle that felt rough in my throat.

I felt sick, horrible. "Mahone, what the fuck..."

This was the information the I wanted to know this whole time but I right now I feel I'd would have been better off If I just walked away when I had the chance.

I let the files slipped out of my grip finding no use in holding it

Mahone gaze sat on the document on the floor, perhaps regretting slipping me the file"Why, would you feed Abruzzi information what the fuck-" my breathing felt heavy in my chest "You told him we're we where then acted surprised when he-"

I couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence the only thing I felt was Micheals hand softly grazing the back of my mine reminding me he was stood besides me.

I was unsure if he was meant to do it but it brought me comfort but it didn't settle this rage of mines.

None of this was my fault but still couldn't help but blame myself for not being about to comfort Gen or help James whenever he called out to me.

In the end it was Mahone, it was always him.

"You sent me to fox river- psych ward because you knew that Abruzzi didn't finish the job... That's he didn't get the chance to kill me!" I yelled.

He was afraid that I'd expose him for the murder of Oscar shales afraid that I'd expose him for dealing in the black market.

If he had just stayed away from, James, Gen, me things would've turned out different... If he wasn't such a coward to some clean. He thought trying to have me killed or sending me to fox river would blind him from who he really ways.

"It wasn't like that-" Alex voice cracked but not enough for me to figure out which emotions he was displaying.

"Really? Because this shows exactly how it was? You- you describe what happened to me when I supposedly killed Gen as an psychosis break to get me into the psych ward so if I decided to rat you out on something I didn't even know about yet they wouldn't listen, right? Cuz I'd be seen as a crazy fucking bitch? Well Fuck you because you know exactly what happened to Mom."

Michael placed a hand on my upper back something he doesn't when ever its time to leave, I don't care, I wanted to hurt someone or break something, Micheal hand on my back irritated me.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted stepping away from his hand placement, fuck!

I waited for Alex to speak but he stayed quiet "Okay..." I paced back and front slowing with each step that took "I'll give you a choice." I stopped infront of the fence.

He shifted on his footing correcting the positions of his gun in his grip.

"Finish the job."

"Saturn no- Alex think about what you're doing, killing her wouldn't change the past it won't make you feel any better." Micheal spoke his hand slipped around my wrist attempting to pull me way from the fence.

I tugged my wrist free Mahone wasn't going to let us leave, especially me, not again... He knew better then that.

Michael stood Ridgid at the sound of Mahone cocking the gun once more "No... You don't give me a choice, I chose."

"Micheal please, go." I whispered this time I let his eyes finding mines he looked worn down, tried from the stress and lack of sleep but his eyes still stayed a pretty shade of blue his expression stern but soft.
"I'm not leaving you, Saturn." He didn't leave god I wished he would.

"I can't let either of you leave." Mahone scuffed I was exhausted tired of running the lack of sleep.
"You just don't get it do you?! I can't- I need to finish what I came here for, I can't just let you walk out of here like nothing happened!" He shouted waving the gun.

"Can't or won't...Dad." That last word made me want to choke but I had to, Alex shook his head a brief expression of guilt could be seen before it turn back into anger "Don't-" Mahone voice faded into a groan as if he was argueing with himself mentally.

Mahone looked hesitant the expression that crossed his face before killing Tweenter.

Before the words could escaped Michael lips a gunshot rung out echoing throughout the warehouse making my ears ring.

I stumbled back a bit placed my hand over the burning sensation that stung through out my ribcage. I snapped my gaze back up to Micheal ripping Mahone out of the cage.

I glanced back down to my fingers... stained with my own blood, my shirt stained with blood that poured through.

Maybe I was losing blood faster then normal I found myself unable to stay on my feet.

He had a choice... not from me or from anybody but from himself internally... He had a choice and he chose.

Now I can only hope that my last breath is a sigh of relief.

A/N
Honestly I hope you guys are enjoying this.

Don't forget to vote<3