Mon'Keese Brooks

Rolls Royce truck but my windows ain't tinted (gang)
Traphouse jumpin' like a Wendy's or a Denny's (woo)
He ain't stoppin' shit, I decide when I finish (nope)

Moneybagg Yo blared in the fitness center as I conquered my last set on the weights before completing the first day of team workouts with the Houston Texans. From a small child, I always dreamed of being a part of this team. I even wanted to be an Oiler before the Texans came about. After dominating on every level of football there is from Pop Warner to a National Championship at Texas A&M, leading my hometown to a Super Bowl and throwing up my H with the Lombardi Trophy in my hand was one of the pinnacles I planned to reach. I was almost there because Mon'Keese Brooks, Houston's Prodigal Son, Heisman Trophy Winning, 5x Pro Bowler, and highest paid Running Back in the NFL was home to stay. I was going to the super bowl this upcoming season. That wasn't even a question. You could bet on that now. At 6 foot 4 inches and 275 pounds, I am bigger, stronger, and faster than any running back in the league. I'm ready for war.

After wrapping up my workout and a shower, my day was done. I was set to meet Marcus, my longtime best friend, at M&J's, the bar and grill that he and his wife, Joy, owned and operated. As I exited 288, onto OST, I smiled. The Tre will always be my home. I have so many fond memories growing up in Third Ward, it doesn't make any sense. Marcus and I ran all threw these streets. It was truly amazing to be home. I'd even purchased a condo at The Mosaic, just so I can sit and enjoy the view of the city I love.

Pulling into M&J's, my stomach beat me to the door. My afternoon workout left me hungrier than a fat bitch on Jenny Craig. As I exited the my Bentayga, I noticed a Cocaine white Benz backed in at the door. It was so clean that it sparkled in the sun, nearly blinding me. The license plate said "JUS4TRES". I nearly ran through the door in hopes that the love I lost would be somewhere inside this restaurant.

Treasure Jones.

Entering M&J, scanning the building, it was empty. I didn't see her, but that doesn't mean that she wasn't here. I made my way to the bar where I spotted Marcus.

"Money Marc!" I called out while reaching to dap my brother from another mother up. It's been a while since we've been able to just sit down and chill. Marcus was just as good as me in football, but when Joy got pregnant their Freshman year of high school, he chose the streets and fast money. Though they'd been through the storm, by the age of 31, he'd survived the game, was settled down with Joy and their 3 kids, had several businesses throughout the city, and was doing damn good for himself. He was my only childhood friend that I had left who didn't only reach out for money or game tickets. I appreciated that more than he even knew.

"What up boy! How it feel to be home?" He replied.

"It feels better than I imagined! My T is so excited. She's been popping up at the spot every morning and making breakfast. I haven't even hired a chef." I laughed.

No one was more excited for me to be home than my mother. Being in New York with the Giants, I hadn't been able to see my mother as much as I would've liked because Tiny ain't flying. She gone let you know, she was born in Houston, she gone die in Houston. The only time she left Texas, in my life, was when I won the Heisman, when I was drafted, and my first home games every season. I had to rent a charter bus to drive her to New York. My mom has always been one of my biggest supporters other than... Treasure.

"Yo, Marc, who's Benz is that sitting out front?" I questioned.

Marc laughed, "The person you was looking for when you damn near pulled my door off the hinges rushing up in here!"

"Fuck you! Where she at though?" I replied.

"Treasure ain't here, man. Her and Joy are out of town this week. Her car needed to be detailed, so I drove it up here and let Skool get that bitch shined up." He replied. "He might still be around here if..."